Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Polaris 500 sportsman give it gas stalls

It's kinda hard to explain on the end of the cam I would call it a balancer but not exactly sure what you technically you would call It on opposite side of the sprocket there what I would call a balancer on the end of cam. Theres a spring and looks like a balancer. When I put the new cam in spring seemed loose so I spun it around once then put I it back in so snaps back kinda quick instead of very loosely hard to explain but heads off now everything looks good beating my head against the wall

I dont understand it at all

Is supposed to be snug not super tight. There are a few different types of decompression mechanisms. Polaris is one of the far different ones I’ve seen.  The spring is a small round baby spring that sits in a hole? 

Go to YouTube and take a look.  Keyword Polaris cam decompression. 

I want you to try one more thing please.  Can you kinda do a bench test on the carburetor.  

Take the carburetor and mount it firmly.   Use some tie wire if you have to. Make sure it’s in the proper upright position and make sure the throttle cable and slide is all back together as if it were ready to be used.  You have to see what that thing is doing.  

Hook up the fuel line and open the petcock  Watch that baby for a day and see if any fuel is leaking out of it. Put a piece of cardboard under it as I mentioned earlier.  

Could be an internal failure that your not seeing. Maybe a fracture or something. 

Yea 1999 Polaris 500 yes its starts like now idles awesome but someone put a winch on it before I got it its tapped into everything. I'm a electrician for 25 years working on em is more as a hobby I by em fix em then let the kids run em into the ground lol. The person I bought it from replaced all those parts and cant figure out what's wrong so hint(there being super veg) that why I need a wiring diagram from front to back. I have never seen a ecm tied into a headlight before in my life not even the ground because of noise interference but haven't worked on everything so maybe it does but wont no without a diagram. But I mean as soon as you hit button fires immediately so has to be something small and stupid

You happen to have any carb cleaner? If so, let it idle and when you give it gas, at the same time give it is little shot of the carb cleaner and tell me what happens. You are now making me wonder if the vacuum slide is not working or something. If you give it the shot and all the sudden it picks up on that, you know you got a fuel issue.

And LOL on your comment about the speedometer controlling so much, yeah...it is kinda amazing. I used to part those machines out on occasion and that was the first thing to go.

The main on those is a 152.5 and I just noticed the picture you put up of the carb, that’s the cleanest factory carb I ever saw....so like I’m thinking...is that a China carb? Does it say Mikuni on it? The China carbs have one big problem...wrong jetting. I’m going to guess if you give it that shot of carb x,earner when you crack the throttle it is going to rev. Now I can’t wait for you to report back.

Thank you guys and sorry this forum is such a pain in the but its unreal theres no quick way of seeing my messages from you guys. I have to search google find quad crazy its frustrating. Then when I click on your guys messages in my email I have to login again instead of auto login I have to try to log back in so I back out then loggin

That's what I said you have no idea how many parts they thru at this trying to get ig working right definitely cleanest carb I've ever seen to anyone no what main jet and sec jet is supposed to be now I believe it's a carb issue looked Chinese to me and thanks for the diagram I'll check asap and let u no

Lol no need to thank us! That’s what we’re here for !! Wiring is one of my strong points so any clarification you need feel free to ask. Nice work  so far and keeping your cool, this thread may beat the one me and @JacobSlabach had on his bayou 400.  That was a long one I’m going to have to go back and look! 

Keep us posted.   

FYI you can have Quadcrazy on your smartphone.