Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Frank Angerano

My first Suzuki finally!!!!!!

So i took a road trip today to look at a Suzuki Eiger! 2006 in perfect condition other then the fact it starts for 30 seconds and shuts down.  
Its been sitting for about a year in a shed. 
It has a plow and a winch included!!!

Got it for a really good price and all looks good so far.  

Stay tuned.  

3BCBB1D8-20D9-4EEE-85E0-7E0122205563.jpeg

6F22DFBD-B90B-4ED3-AA20-6FCB5904A183.jpeg

7DCB0619-6943-44B7-9FEA-06175C12C783.jpeg

912B3340-3661-491C-B963-507B573B4371.jpeg

AABD81FD-D7EF-478A-B1FF-7C8C1199809C.jpeg

• Like 2

Wow @Frank Angerano that's in good shape, I'm afraid to ask you how much you paid cause you always make great deals! You can tell by the condition of the rims, it wasn't dinged up. 2 of my friends had Eigers back when they came out, great quads. 4WD, solid rear axle, semi-auto shift I believe. 

Was this a craigslist find or something else? Have you ever used facebook marketplace?

Thanks @Ajmboy i found it on craigslist. The guy was looking to trade for a motorcycle. He said he did not use it and didn't want it to sit any longer.   It starts up but only for about 20 seconds and starts to die off. Its been sitting for a while in a shed.   
Ive seen marketplace but never use it since i don't really use Facebook.

I always get a little crazy after i finish a project like the big bear i just did and start looking for the next project.  This one wont need much work so its not really a project but it's something to play with    

This one popped right up when i looked and the guy got right back to me. Took a lot of back and forth and  coordination to lock it down bit it worked out. 
Im a firm believer in if its meant to be it will be. 

• Like 2

You going to keep it or turn it around? Float pin in the carb is probably stuck from sitting...

Im going to move it along, as nice as it is i like a foot shifter.  I agree on the float pin valve. The owner said he pumped the bad gas out of the tank.  Said it smelt so bad, he put new gas in and a battery.  It cranked and started for only half a minute or so. I was able to take a quick ride and go through all the gears.  

• Like 1

So !!!!! Pulled the carburetor off to clean it up. It was already clean and ready to go.  Found a small fuel leak on the bowl due to to the seal on the bowl not fitting correctly. Ordered a new kit with the gaskets included.  However I found worse, there are patched wires from what looks like a small fire. I picked apart the wires as best possible but it seems theres a short someplace within the harness.   I had it running for a while but will not rev. So im going to dig deeper. Some people suck! The previous owner knew there was a fire and hid it pretty well.

D27830D2-7EDA-4737-B925-ACE28E8AEBF5.jpeg

9A51680F-3F3B-4F61-B8B3-6FA952239739.jpeg

3998AD62-385B-4ED1-8494-C8149078B79B.jpeg

2CDC2BE9-5B1B-4237-9527-895B4FD6BF44.jpeg

7F47E726-A808-470F-A52A-FA779EB491CF.jpeg

• Sad 1

I hear ya. Motor runs great. I found a new harness at a good price so hopefully its a wrap with about $140 bucks. Its in new condition so we will see!!!!!

• Like 1

Looks like a a great project - And I see a fellow stogie man 😎 Any particular favs? 

I would hope so. Or ya may want to think about a new hobby. Lol. Just playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Found a harness $65 bucks oem. Its on the way. Perfect condition. Canceled the other one.  Also putting a new rebuild kit in the carburetor. The bowl gasket is not sitting in the grove correctly any more so i have  a drip.  

• Like 1

Nice find. A buddy bought an Cub Cadet not running. Looked brand new guy said starter and flywheel was shot. Maybe the broken con rod had something to do with that. People...

Exactly! Some people!!! 
New harness should be here today and the carburetor kit came in last night.  
Probably get around to it by Thursday/Friday. 

Exactly! Some people!!! 
New harness should be here today and the carburetor kit came in last night.  
Probably get around to it by Thursday/Friday. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By swensy7
      Hey all new to the forum.... We ended up picking up a 2006 Suzuki z50 quad sport and took it camping this weekend. The guy said had a new top end and just put on a new belt. Seem to work fine for a little bit and then it lost power at the rear wheels. Belt was not in bad shape took a look but it just did not seem to have enough power to get my little guy moving. I pick up the rear end tires would go. Set it down lacked all power.   Any help would be greatly appreciated it did run like a top also.      To add to the bad news on the way home I ended up losing the seat so if anybody has one even if it's in rough shape would love to get it or if you have any ideas open to suggestions......
    • By Aleksandr Boreesenko
      doesn't idle at times but sometimes when it does as soon as I touch the throttle it just shuts off, what could possibly be the problem? I thank you very much for any help, Thanks.
    • By Ajmboy
      Got my Yamaha Grizzly buttoned up finally and went for a quick 2 hour ride in the power lines with my neighbor, who has a Yamaha Kodiak. We have access from his yard, which is nice. Was a beautiful day today to get out and will try to go more often. Ran into two other quad riders with a sportsman and I think grizzly. Also ran into a dirt bike rider. 😎

• By wwdubose
      I have two 2003 Suzuki Ozark 250s, both 2-wheel drive.  Last time we rode them about a year ago, the red one was not running well, didn't want to idle, backfired a lot.  The green one ran fine. 
      Fast forward...I ordered a carb kit for both of them, thinking the red one has some trash in a jet.  Both of these ATVs have had little use and I've always ran the gas out after use (put an inline cutoff valve in gas line).  I pull started the red one to verify it was still running bad.  It will start and idle, but as soon as you give it any throttle, it dies instantly.  Give it a little choke, dies instantly.  Took the carb apart and it was spotless.  Went ahead and cleaned all the holes with carb cleaner and blew everything out with compressed air.  All new jets, main jet holder, and needles.  Put it back on and nothing changed.  Starts, idles (not for a long time), but dies as soon as you give it gas.  Same happens when you put the choke on.  It does the same thing when I try to run it turned to prime on the petcock as it does in the on position.
      Not an air filter issue.  It is clean and it does the same exact thing with no filter on it.
      Thought maybe there was a float issue or maybe a damaged diaphragm, so I took the carb off the green Ozark and put it on red.  Started up and initially ran normal and revved for about 10 seconds and then started doing the same exact thing.  Starts, idles (not for a long time), but dies as soon as you give it gas.  Same happens when you put the choke on. 
      So...not the carb
      Thought maybe vacuum petcock was bad, but there's no gas in the vacuum line going from petcock to carb and gas flows freely when on prime.  I even plugged the vacuum line at both the petcock and carb end and tried to run it with valve set to prime.  Gas flows freely, but does exactly the same thing.  I unscrewed the screw at the bottom of the bowl and gas flows thru carb and out bowl drain line when petcock is set to prime.
      So, I'm assuming petcock is good?
      Checked spark plug and it wasn't fouled.  Reset gap, didn't help.  Will swap plugs between Ozarks tomorrow but I don't think that is it.
      Anyway, that he history and now you're all caught up.  Scratching my head.  Valves? These were bought at same time and have had little use.  Suggestions?
      Thanks!   
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Aleksandr Boreesenko
      doesn't idle at times but sometimes when it does as soon as I touch the throttle it just shuts off, what could possibly be the problem? I thank you very much for any help, Thanks.
    • By Sled Dog
      Hello Team!  Hopefully someone can help me.  I've been to the Suzuki forum and its pretty dead.  I should have been on this site a while ago as I own a Canam, Hondas and a RZR!
      Anyways issue is the ATV won't start.  Friend gave it to me to try get running.  They installed a Amazon carb and machine did the same thing.  This machine has 1100 miles and is not beat.  Appears to have led a gentle life.
      So the first thing I did was ask for the original carb.  They do have and brought it over.  But first I changed out all the old gas and put new in.  Got it to start but would not idle.  But could ride it around yard.  Its a manual, went through all 5 gears.  Runs like normal but would not idle.
      So I got a Shindy rebuild kit and rebuilt the original carb.  Reinstalled and almost the same thing.  Starter spins and it tries to catch but doesn't until it does.  Then it seems to run ok.  Idles high but after a while it will go down.
      So I take tank off and give a very good cleaning.  Took off the fuel petcock.  All looks good.  No fuel in the vacuum line so I believe its working as it should.  Cleaned carb again.  Adjusted valves.  Did not need.  Reinstalled everything and same exact thing.  Spins like a maniac for 10 or more seconds before it will start.
      Spark plug is black.  Brand new one too.  I checked the spark and did not see any.  Googled how to do it and I was doing it right, tried again, now I have spark.  Hmmm.  Kept checking and always had it.
      My battle plan now is to clean the Amazon (Chy-na) carb and install that one.  If it does the same exact thing I'll figure its not the carb.  If it does something different this will tell me nothing as I don't trust the Amazon carbs!
      But now I've read that these models Eigers have issues with the fly wheel magnets coming loose.  And affecting spark.  Anyone know if this sounds right?  Maybe if the spark is out of time it makes it harder to start but once started the running engine can overcome that?
      Oh yeah, compression is 130, spec is 142.  Not sure I trust my Harbor frieght compression tester though.  I'm bringing it to work to get the gauge calibrated.
      Sorry so long winded but I like to give all the details I can for the people in the know!  Anything anyone can suggest I do?  Thanks for your time!
    • By erthsole
      Where do you buy your ATV gear? I am planning to buy a swing arm guard, heavy duty bumpers, chassis armor, nerf bars and grab bars for my 2003 Suzuki EIGER 400. Any recommendations?
    • By jerry houston
      Eiger 400 Suzuki runs fine Cook-Out joke face off the handlebars put it back on and will not start now will crank no no spark
    • By Belmontie
      My old fella thinking he’s John Wayne on his Suzuki Eiger 400