Quantcast

Coronavirus (COVID-19) and your ATV Life

Our place will be shutting down next week for 2 weeks. They are going to pay us normal rate. Since I am maintenance, Im sure they will bring us in to do work while the lines are down. Hopefully get a few extra days off during this time. Ive just been walking and flying the drone, good time of year for this since the leaves are still not on the trees.

Mike

• Like 1

Well it's official!! No more school for the rest of the year.  Im sad..... my daughters graduating this year, the prom, the last time she will be with a lot of her friends she grew up with. 
I think they made a decision to early on this and should have waited another week or two! 
My daughter is upset, I'm upset for her!

Sorry for the language but! 

#fuckthiscovidshit #thankyouchina

#pissed 

• Sad 2

They are talking about killing the rest of the school year here in ny. Now we have a moron for a mayor who thinks he calls the shots and has prematurely made bad decisions through this crisis.  
Thank god our Governor has the brains and authority to make educated decisions that include other counties and states! He's literally saying that any decision he makes will include/consulted with other states at minimum to see whats the best way to go. 
So today our big bird mayor decided to go on TV and say he is not going to open the schools for the rest of the school year.  He said he  has the authority to do so! I was really upset, but then the governor went on right behind him and pulled the carpet right out from under him. TFG!  I would hope there is something salvageable for the sake of my daughter's graduation!!  🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

@Dra O it does suck! My oldest thank god has another year and a half before college.  My daughter is going into high school  and is very involved on all fronts. She has a ton of friends and basically a social life bigger then me ! 
Her heart is bigger then life, her dress is paid for.   We were supposed to take her for a progress fitting today.  
Somehow shes ok with it and said daddy we will plan our own prom and get everyone there, we don't need the school. Ske went on to say that all the parents should come because all the hard work!! 

She said trust me im going to wear the dress, now go make some phone calls to the other dads and see who's in!!  

Shes unreal.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Frank Angerano said:

No sir. Born and raised in queens ny. Always had a place upstate and spend a lot of my time up there.  

Looking to build a hose soon!

FYI just stated using an  iPad with the app.  Totally different!!!

So you are in queens?  My grandmother used to live in flushing and I spent a lot of time down there in my youth. Got married in Astoria. Two aunts in White Stone.

What app, tapatalk? Or just mobile version of the site?

1 minute ago, Frank Angerano said:

Im in Middle Village Queens.  Not to far from where your talking about.
As far as the iPad i just loaded the page and it looks completely different.  Im not sure i can get used to this. 
We will see.    

Yeah thats a mobile version with the menu up top. even smaller on a phone.

image.thumb.png.10a74578b74de9de343c44584407800a.png

Good morning good friends thank you for friendship and warm kindness 

doctors of the law

Neither President nor Governor(s) Have Authority to Close Anything in the Private Sector
(emboldening, enlargement, underlining in following authority sites added)

This is NOT an opinion.  This was the ruling of the United States Supreme Court shortly after the "Civil War" in Ex parte Milligan, 71 U.S. 2 (1866) which yet stands to this day:

"The Constitution for the United States is a law for rulers and people equally in war and in peace…at all times, and under all circumstances.  No doctrine…was ever invented… than that any of its provisions can be suspended during any of the exigencies [emergencies/urgencies] of government." pp. 120-121

“...there is no law for the government of the citizens, the armies or the navy of the United States, within American jurisdiction, which is not contained in or derived from the Constitution.” p. 141 

In 16 American Jurisprudence 2d, a legal encyclopedia of United States law, suspension of the Constitution is prohibited, as follows:

“It is sometimes argued that the existence of an emergency allows the existence and operation of powers, national or state, which violate the inhibitions of the Federal Constitution.  The rule is quite otherwise.  NO emergency justifies the violation of any of the provisions of the United States Constitution." Section 71

"...Neither the legislature nor any executive or judicial officer may disregard the provisions of the Constitution in case of an emergency…" Section 98

Therefore, ANYONE who declares the suspension of constitutionally guaranteed rights (to freely travel, peaceably assemble, earn a living, freely worship, etc.) and/or attempts to enforce such suspension within the 50 independent, sovereign, continental United states of America is making war against our constitution(s) and, therefore, we, the people.  They violate their constitutional oath and, thus, immediately forfeit their office and authority and their proclamations may be disregarded with impunity and that means ANYONE; even the Governor and President!

“A law repugnant to the Constitution is void.  An act of Congress repugnant to the Constitution cannot become a law. The Constitution supersedes all other laws and the individual’s rights shall be liberally enforced in favor of him, the clearly intended and expressly designated beneficiary.” – Marbury vs. Madison, 5 U.S. 137 (SCOTUS—1803)

“An unconstitutional law is void and is as no law.  An offense created by it is not crime. A conviction under it is not merely erroneous but is illegal and void and cannot be used as a legal cause of imprisonment.” – Ex parte Siebold, 100 U.S. 371 (SCOTUS—1879)

“An unconstitutional act is not law.  It confers no rights; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office.  It is, in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed.” – Norton vs. Shelby County, 118 U.S. 425 (SCOTUS—1886)        

“Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them.” – Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 U.S. 436 (SCOTUS—1966)

"The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statue, to be valid, must be in agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:  The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.
       "Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principals follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it...A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the land, it superseded thereby. No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it." – 16 American Jurisprudence 2d, Sec. 177

“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law, and no courts are bound to enforce it.  The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, whether federal or state, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void and ineffective for any purpose, since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it.  An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed.” – 16 American Jurisprudence 2d, Sec. 256

Executive Orders and other Presidential Directives have no general applicability and lawful effect on anyone other than those in the Executive branch of government and even they must be Constitutional.  In Confederate Bands of Ute Indians vs. United States, 330 U.S. 169 (1947), the U.S. Supreme Court noted that presidential authority may not be created by arbitrary action of the President of the United States even if an Executive Order was issued.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2020 at 9:43 PM, Frank Angerano said:

Yes! All communication from me has been via iPhone.  Im going to request the desk top now.   Any benefit to the desk top ? 

I think just the header links and user bar, but I'm biased because I use a 27" monitor with a dektop. Sometimes I reply by phone on the condensed version for smaller screens.

image.thumb.png.84cfb7531275a220b27fb5c6982dfce4.png

I'm stir crazy.  I'm in IT, been working from home since early March.  Kinda forgot to poke my head in here with everything going on.

On the ATV front, can't go register them, DMV here is basically closed. I need to transfer the titles to my name which requires an in person or mail in.  Don't know if I trust our DMV to not lose all the paperwork via mail.

It's given me time to really go through both quads though.  Have to re-jet the Bombardier.  Factory jets are for sea level.  Should have the jets today or tomorrow.  This machine has been a pain to get going again.  First, last and only one I'll have. 

The 93 Suzuki needed the front brakes gone through, moisture got into the system.  It sat for too many years after my folks split.  Just waiting on one more brake line to show up and then that one is ready to go.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarkinAR said:

@Nick Brooks I Looked at a DS650 a bit ago, pretty cheap, lot of power.  Just didn't jump at it because I know NOTHING about the Rotax and there's not much of a support community if I ran into issues.  Guess you found the same issues....

Yeah, this one is a Quest 500 that my old man bought at auction awhile back and never did anything with.  I'm mostly into it my time and a few hundred in parts.  The fuel system was really gummed up, fuel tank grommets were hard as a rock.  Ethanol fuel is rampant here.

Back when we were avid snowmobilers, all of the Ski Doo's had jetting issues from day one, none of the Cat and Polaris had the issues.  None of the Ski Doo dealers were ordering for high altitude.  I'm guessing they're still ordering machines that way. 

Rotax is an  old name  in motors  for  snowmobiles,  jet skis, ultralight  aircraft  and ATVs.  It  is an  Austrian  company  owned  by  Bombardier,  Canada.  They  make  several  sized  motors in both 2  and 4  stroke configuration.  Ski-doo and  Sea-doo  are  two  of their  better  known products  for  snow  and  water fun.

My  old 1972   Ski-doo 440  TNT hit 100  Mph  indicated  before it started  fishtailing on me  and  I backed off in  a  hurry   LOL

• Like 1