Quantcast

Coronavirus (COVID-19) and your ATV Life

Hello QC Peeps I haven't been around lately and just found this post.  I have been working through this pandemic because I work for an essential manufacturing co.  www.http://MackMolding.com  We make lots of different medical products including components for processing pharmaceuticals, surgical devices, air purification/filtration systems turning moisture in the air into a gaseous form of Hydrogen Peroxide, blood filtration/purification systems and more.  It's been stressful having to work, but I am working to play my part in the crazy times we're going through.  I attached 2 photos from my facility. 

Don't let this pandemic take away your rights as an American. 

GH

p.s. Those pics of NYC at heights give me the willies too

IMG_0199.JPG

Mack entrance posting.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How is everyone doing these days? Our family has stayed healthy. Working from home still, wife on unemployment. Kids are home schooling and the school year is almost done. Lower NY is in phase 1 re-opening. Seems to be getting better. Everyone is wearing face masks and some wear gloves, when you go to a store. So far restaurants and retail are curb side pickup only. These protests are all over the place in NY, even smaller ones in the suburbs.

I am living in Eastern Europe Bulgaria, and at this moment we already all get backed to work at office ( most of us, there will be colleagues that will continue work from home till now ), but restaurants are working - just need to be at distance. One of the most important thing - today football/soccer season is getting back and we are able to get there ( on 30% of seats on the stadium - there will be with two seats empty behind us ) and will watch live football match :)

PA is slowly opening up. DCNR opened the state trails a few days early to avoid a Memorial Day weekend crowd. I have been out riding a few times so far, but our camping trips up to this point were canceled. For the most part I worked, only had a few days shutdown twice, but we were paid for it.

Mike

• Like 1

I don't think I could grow a full beard if I self-infused testosterone over two weeks.  Meanwhile, a friend of mine had a full "man" beard at 16.  Crazy.

Where the heck has Frank been?  He's usually a post-daily cat.  Hopefully he / his family are okay and non-covid.

Be paying attention to things, especially this fall when/if kids return to school - seasonal flu traditionally rears its ugly head around that time - don't be complacent... this crap can kill.  Some key physical markers we're looking at are:  shortness of breath, really low oxygen levels, red or bluish "spots" on toes/legs (see petechiae on internet), fever and overall appearance (the person just looks sick or ill) - if I see a person with 1 to 2 of these characteristics, depending on their social/medical history, they're going STRAIGHT to the hospital.  Better safe than sorry.  And keep wearing that mask every place you go.

--> Could use advice on CV boot if/when you have a moment - it's under my "1999 suzuki king quad fuel pump/petcock/carb advice" post dated 19 May. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dra O said:

I don't think I could grow a full beard if I self-infused testosterone over two weeks.  Meanwhile, a friend of mine had a full "man" beard at 16.  Crazy.

Where the heck has Frank been?  He's usually a post-daily cat.  Hopefully he / his family are okay and non-covid.

Be paying attention to things, especially this fall when/if kids return to school - seasonal flu traditionally rears its ugly head around that time - don't be complacent... this crap can kill.  Some key physical markers we're looking at are:  shortness of breath, really low oxygen levels, red or bluish "spots" on toes/legs (see petechiae on internet), fever and overall appearance (the person just looks sick or ill) - if I see a person with 1 to 2 of these characteristics, depending on their social/medical history, they're going STRAIGHT to the hospital.  Better safe than sorry.  And keep wearing that mask every place you go.

--> Could use advice on CV boot if/when you have a moment - it's under my "1999 suzuki king quad fuel pump/petcock/carb advice" post dated 19 May. 

@Frank Angerano hasn't been on lately. I messaged him the other day again but haven't back. A couple of weeks ago he mentioned being slammed with work, so hopefully all is good.

I have a 5 year old and 12 year old, so covid is top of mind for us, especially when comes time to go back to school. Both were very sick Dec/Jan with what turned out to be pneumonia, so we were very concerned after covid came out...actually we were happy they kept them out of school. 

I'll check out that topic 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Cuomo's last daily briefing...I enjoyed these when I could watch them. Time for a Gov from another state to get millions of TV viewers.  NY has been hit hard, I hope some of these other states aren't going through the same now. Shutting everything down really sucks.

On 4/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, MarkinAR said:

@Nick Brooks I Looked at a DS650 a bit ago, pretty cheap, lot of power.  Just didn't jump at it because I know NOTHING about the Rotax and there's not much of a support community if I ran into issues.  Guess you found the same issues....

thought id chime in here not sure if you knew that bombardier became can-am and can-am still uses rotax motors in their atvs and i assume jet skis and snowmobiles.  i knew the first part (bombardier became can-am kinda like arctic cat became textron when it was bought by polaris) but i didnt know about rotax until i bought a sea-do jet ski and saw the "powered by rotax" label and then was looking at a newer (2017 or so) can-am outlander and saw the same label on the side panel below the seat.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, John Torbus said:

Here in KY we were set to go back to school full time but now it may start 100% online

Is that because of an uptick in covid cases?

21 hours ago, Dra O said:

Heard today that the numbers in NY are tanking, which is good for everyone. 

Yes they are pretty low and continuing to decrease. Been going out to jones beach and Robert Moses on Long Island and beaches are all 50% capacity by law. Restaurants still have no indoor dining and places like the post office and stores require masks and social distancing...so I think that all drives the numbers down because of the overall awareness.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

So how is everyone doing, hopefully healthy and well. Thankfully we are good but its just crazy that we are going to continue going through these waves of covid and more shots in the arm. When does it stop? They tell you to "follow the science" but come on now, vaccinated people now getting sick and the best they can say is if you're vaccinated, you probably wont die? We need better science! That's my covid rant for 2021...lol.

On 6/20/2020 at 11:04 AM, Ajmboy said:

Cuomo's last daily briefing...I enjoyed these when I could watch them

Bye Bye Cuomo...

The Delta variant of the COVID  is a lot nastier than the earlier ones. My Son-in-law  was fully vaxxed with Pfizer yet  still got hit by the Delta. He's glad he  had the vaccines  since he wasn't sick enough to be hospitalized  but knows had he not had the  vaccines he likely would not be here now .. He  is a paramedic,  fully vaxxed and  followed all the protocalls but still managed to contract the virus from one of the patients he transported to the hospital..  My  daughter  was fully  vaxxed with a combination , one Pfizer shot and one Moderna .  When her hubby came down  with it  , she got tested and test came back  negative so  maybe the combo shots actually  protected her better. Cases have been  rising in the area , mainly  among the  unvaxxed, But data has been  showing up to  about 30%  of fully vaxxed people can still get hit by the Delta variant.  At least those vaxxed contracting it  have  all escaped the severest symptoms  of it .

I wonder how those that were dismissing the  pandemic as no more than a cold  are doing now .. I haven't seen them  posting much lately .

Had a lot more followed the recommendations for  masking up  and getting the shots  the damn pandemic would not be a fraction of what it is still now .  The science is  if it  isn't stopped soon  there's always the chance of one or two more mutations that could make the present vaccines useless at the same time the virus is deadlier

Edited by davefrombc

3 hours ago, davefrombc said:

My Son-in-law  was fully vaxxed with Pfizer yet  still got hit by the Delta.

Glad he’s ok!

3 hours ago, davefrombc said:

The science is  if it  isn't stopped soon  there's always the chance of one or two more mutations that could make the present vaccines useless at the same time the virus is deadlier

That’s scary to think about, something has to change and hopefully this doesn’t happen. They need to develop more therapeutics because vaccines aren’t going to work for everyone or on every variant as we are seeing now.