Quantcast

Are you new to the site? Where are you from?

11 minutes ago, weatherman68 said:

I imagine that keeping 4 of these machines maintained and running accounts fir a lot of your free time.  Fun though, isn’t it.

i like working on things.  It is a hobby.  Wifes i bought needing a new top end.  Runs like a top now.  One sons is brand new.  the other is a 2002.  

• Like 1

Bummer, kbb...sure is a helpless feeling, isn't it?  Mine kept purring like a kitten but when whatever my tranny/clutch/?? issue happened it just didn't wanna move at ALL. 

At least mine was only in the ditch on the side of the road opposite my driveway.  Still a PITA to wrestle it out and get it home in the snow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First timer here.  Never ridden an atv much but want/need one for work I recreational want to do, food plots etc.   I purchased a 2005 suzuki king quad 700.  not a owner but sure looks like it.  came with owners manual and oe tool kit.  First order of business is getting fluids changed.  I'm not new to turning wrenches but this is first atv i'll be working on.  anyway glad to be here. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nate, from Virginia. I have an 07 arctic cat 700efi. I like to ride, but I really enjoy troubleshooting small engines. We putt around our hobby farm for the most part with our bikes. I learned a lot from this site looking for answers to some recent troubles of my own. Glad to be here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Newbie here from just outside of Nashville Tn.  Born and raised here. Just recently acquired a 97 Polaris Express 300 and trying to learn this crazy thing. Watched YouTube so much I have confused myself, hoping to find some firsthand info from a community of ATV'ers rather than half informative videos, lol.. Glad to be a part of the forum!!

• Like 1

Newbie here in Northern Washington state, just purchased my first Quad, I've always wanted one but life comes first. For my 47th birthday, wife said I've earned it with all I do, so ordered 2022 polaris sportsman 850 ultimate trail back on the 5th, going to be a very long few months but waited this long I guess.. Lol 7d62080d068677b0c0ec419c93313641.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DGarmon75 said:

For my 47th birthday, wife said I've earned it with all I do, so ordered 2022 polaris sportsman 850 ultimate trail back on the 5th, going to be a very long few months but waited this long I guess.. Lol

Happy Birthday! I'll be 47 next week myself...👍 Congrats on the quad order. I'll have to show my wife...lol. I'd like to get the same deal!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2009 at 11:11 AM, DrtyGrlKristin said:

Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site! :yes:

If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!! :wink:

Lets get to know each other a little better shall we? :huh:

I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...

I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! :laugh: We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :biggrin: :woot:

Po from Quebec Canada, currently looking for new toy, ride many different beast over the years and been for long time working as mechanic, no longer in mechanics but keep doing a little for myself and friends. 

• Like 1

Hi, Pär from south Sweden :) I have a '94 Kawasaki KLF300 Bayou in pretty good condition, however she's a bit grumpy right now and I'm doing my best to get her running again with the help of you and Youtube. I'll make sure to contribute as much as I can, I'm not a mechanic, but my troubleshooting process will in itself be worth documenting for future reference 😎

Here's a photo from last summer a couple of weeks after I got her, so far she's been going for 900 hours, so quite a lot more to give!

/ Pär, Sweden

20220324_182026.jpg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Mikey69
      Heres my story. Kinda long. I guess I was a late bloomer when it comes to quads. I had never ridden a quad in my life. Rode Dirt Bikes as a kid growing up. Back in Oct of '06 I found a Mustang on craigslist. Took it for a test drive one morning before work. Fast car. 351 Cleveland. I had planned on meeting the guy again after work. For some strange reason thats still to this day beyond me, I stopped in Hillsboro MotoSports on the way home from work. I had 6 Grand on me. There was a left over '05 sitting by the front door. It was on sale for $4999. It was $5499 OTD. I didnt even look at anything else. I knew nothing about quads accept I thought it really looked coool and I had the money in my pocket to buy it. I was sitting on it when the salesman walked up and asked... "Can I help you?" Without hestitation I pulled 60 Ben Franklins outta my front pocket and said "I want this Quad. Load it up in my truck." It was just about dark by the time I drove away from the shop. BTW, I didnt bother to ask my ol lady if I could buy it. LOL. Anyway, I took it by the house and showed her. She was kinda stunned but not mad. We drove over to a friend of mines house and unloaded it. I took it to the field across the street from his house. HOLY CHIT!!!!! I was surprised by the power. I had it for about 2 weeks and took it to Sand Lake. I was there a few hours and rolled it on a banked turn at the top of the bowl right before you get to the one-ways. When it rolled, I flew off and landed on my belly. The quad came bouncing and landed on my back. For a month I couldnt even walk. I was scared of it. I considered trading it for a 250EX. Went back to the shop. The salesman said..."Dude!!! You dont want a 250EX!!! Trust me. Just get used to it" I still wasnt convinced. I put it on craigslist for $4000. Calls were coming in. I had a guy that wanted to come look at it that evening. I decided to take it for one last ride at Browns Camp before I sold it. I was still afraid of it. After about 5 minutes I started feeling comfortable on it again. I decided right then, I loved my Honda 450 and would learn how to ride it instead of selling it. That was late Nov of '06. Work was slow for a Painter in Oregon. My new job everyday? Going to Browns Camp and ridding my Quad. I bought my Girl Friend an '02 Blaster. I rode my 450 for 4-6 hours almost every single day for 3 months. And yes, I know my way around Browns Camp pretty well. LOL. In March I bought her an '06 TRX250EX (Thank God I didnt trade my 450 for one of those) LOL Since then, I have become totally addicted to quads. I love them. Couldnt imagine not owning at least one quad. Luckily I have two. My "07 was $6500 OTD in July of '07. Bought it for my Girlfriend. Traded in her 250 EX. A month later we broke up. So, I wound up with two Honda 450's.

• By newguy024
      Just got into ATV riding just last week, never had much money so i couldnt afford to buy anthing, so now at the age of 34 i just bought a 1987 suzuki quadrunner 300 for 500$ took it out a few times and what a rush of excitement to go through that first mudhole haha!
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By Ajmboy
      OK, so I'm a boxing fan...anyone watch last night's fight between Manny Pacquiao & Ricky Hatton?

The PacMan is just too fast and too accurate. Floyd Mayweather just announced yesterday that he's coming out of retirement to fight Marquez in July. Maybe we'll get a December fight between Pretty Boy and the PacMan?
      So, Manny has convincingly beaten up DeLaHoya (just announced his retirement from boxing) and now Hatton...
    • By McG75
      Sorry I suck at these forums so if you see this submitted under update status, my bad. Anyhow this is a new shock for a 96 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4 it fits my 96 Yamaha Timberwolf 250 4x4 perfectly. Little narrower are the bottom than the original but everything else is perfect. I extended it to almost a half in from full extension because I’m pushing 350 pounds.  It rides and hold me well. So if any of y'allRace driven shock. have been looking for one and didn’t want to do the research here it is.