Quantcast

What kind of quad do you have?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes have enjoyed them so far, and they have been very reliable.  Looks like you live around a lot of bodies of water, pretty good trail system in that area?  We have to trailer our machines pretty much to where we ride, they are street legal but just too much pavement to get to the trail heads but once we get there very beautiful area.  Lots of mountains, valleys, lakes etc. we're pretty spoiled.  Pretty long winter season as it is here?  As great a place as this is, our riding season is pretty short as the Forest Service keeps a pretty close watch on the trails and the maintenance of them, so they are only open from mid June to Mid late October.  We really have to take advantage of those 4 months.

22 minutes ago, freedomflyer63 said:

Yes have enjoyed them so far, and they have been very reliable.  Looks like you live around a lot of bodies of water, pretty good trail system in that area?  We have to trailer our machines pretty much to where we ride, they are street legal but just too much pavement to get to the trail heads but once we get there very beautiful area.  Lots of mountains, valleys, lakes etc. we're pretty spoiled.  Pretty long winter season as it is here?  As great a place as this is, our riding season is pretty short as the Forest Service keeps a pretty close watch on the trails and the maintenance of them, so they are only open from mid June to Mid late October.  We really have to take advantage of those 4 months.

Awesome trails here! It's just flat tho lol. I miss Ontario for the hills and cliffs . Lots of forest here tho so that's good. 

The lakes are only a few minutes away. 10 min west or east.  Lake Manitoba is pretty far away from me so I'm not sure about that,but you can ride up around norris lake and lake winnipeg to the north . On the east side ,buddy has a cabin in belair forest and is also the head of the snowmobile club for his region . The trails there double as atv trails in the summer . Sand base. Lots of creek crossing . Just awesome.  I have to trailer there but I have tons of trails near my place too, especially north of me in arborg! 

Our crown land trails are essentiallya free for all,aside from the snowmobile trails ,so they never close.  Last year one of the atv clubs created the first ever atv only trail in the south end of the province.  Great for the guys down there . 

wylde1,

I pretty much do trail riding, a bit of plowing when the need arises.  Have only been riding ATV's for a couple of years and living where we live, have so much area to explore it makes me wish that I would have gotten into it years ago.  But had kids in private school, and that isn't free so the ATV money for years and years went to tuition.  And to pay for that tuition, I had to chuckle at your avitar pic, we have been running a fireworks stand for 21 years which is what allowed our kids to be able to attend the private school.  However it does make me a bit nervous to see fireworks used like that LOL, be careful dude.  As far as mud goes........I'm old and therefore don't enjoy the cleanup and I can't imagine it's too good on the machine either.....but, to each is own  and if that's what you enjoy... go for it.  It does look kind of fun but can't imagine the time I would have to spend cleaning, I'm a bit anal, okay.....very anal and wouldn't and won't put my machines away dirty. If I do, it is taken care of the very next day.

fartknocker,

Sounds like a great place to be.  I for some reason try to avoid the water and mud, worried about electronics, brakes, and hate to clean rock hard dirt.  To be able to have that freedom of riding either or all year long would be awesome.  I know that the folks down in West Yellowstone near Yellowstone National Park are able to use both snow machines and ATV's year round, for me I would sure miss my mountains, nothing like the feeling of coming over a rise and seeing views like these.

20160707_135830.jpg

20150726_161421.jpg

20150726_160849.jpg

• Like 1

We have 3 Quads

1986 Yamaha moto 200 , Fun little toy to bounce around on.

2013 Arctic cat 700 TRV , that is my bike. Used for trail and hunting with.

2015 Arctic cat Prowler 700 , My wife ride. used when she wants to get out and see mother nature.

We also Have a Polar 1200 trailer to get pulled by the fleet, Use that alot to do trail and yard work. and give the dogs rides in.

Edited by wjb228
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, freedomflyer63 said:

wylde1,

I pretty much do trail riding, a bit of plowing when the need arises.  Have only been riding ATV's for a couple of years and living where we live, have so much area to explore it makes me wish that I would have gotten into it years ago.  But had kids in private school, and that isn't free so the ATV money for years and years went to tuition.  And to pay for that tuition, I had to chuckle at your avitar pic, we have been running a fireworks stand for 21 years which is what allowed our kids to be able to attend the private school.  However it does make me a bit nervous to see fireworks used like that LOL, be careful dude.  As far as mud goes........I'm old and therefore don't enjoy the cleanup and I can't imagine it's too good on the machine either.....but, to each is own  and if that's what you enjoy... go for it.  It does look kind of fun but can't imagine the time I would have to spend cleaning, I'm a bit anal, okay.....very anal and wouldn't and won't put my machines away dirty. If I do, it is taken care of the very next day.

fartknocker,

Sounds like a great place to be.  I for some reason try to avoid the water and mud, worried about electronics, brakes, and hate to clean rock hard dirt.  To be able to have that freedom of riding either or all year long would be awesome.  I know that the folks down in West Yellowstone near Yellowstone National Park are able to use both snow machines and ATV's year round, for me I would sure miss my mountains, nothing like the feeling of coming over a rise and seeing views like these.

20160707_135830.jpg

20150726_161421.jpg

20150726_160849.jpg

Wow...completely awesome pics..  I'm jealous lol...Lots of guys here snorkel their atvs and go nuts in the mud. I used to go bars deep myself, in fact, I was the first in our group to get chest waders lol. ..I don't do that anymore.  I like to stay dry these days 

1 hour ago, freedomflyer63 said:

wylde1,

fartknocker,

20160707_135830.jpg

20150726_161421.jpg

20150726_160849.jpg

That sure is some great scenery.  I live in coal country, so pretty much everything is hard on the machines.  I prefer the mud and water over breathing in the coal dust that gets kicked up on the dry days. We do have some awesome mountains here, too.  The fall is my favorite time to ride.  The color of the trees matched to the black of the coal banks makes for some pretty cool sights.  The fireworks jumps do get a little sketchy, but the nickname Wylde1 was given to me for a reason. LOL..

On 10/10/2016 at 10:43 PM, Ajmboy said:

Right now I have a 2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660. I try to do some local riding once in a while when time permits, but lately been using it around the property. I use it to plow in the winter also. 

I'm also doing a hayride for Halloween again around the neighborhood, there's a pic in the pictures section!

Bro had a 660 grizzly.  Was a great bike. I think I remembered complaining about the seat being insanly small tho 

I had a Grizzly 400 Automatic, was a nice little machine, 2008 only had 264 miles on it when I bought it.  It had some carburetor issues and the petcock was screwed up, I put a new petcock in and went through the carburetor it ran like a champ.  However my wife didn't like how it drove for some reason, I don't know if it was the OEM tires that were on it or what it just felt "squishy" (her words) in the turns.  I messed with the air pressure several times on several different trips and it didn't seem to help much.  She liked the way our Rancher drove and doesn't mind shifting so we sold it and bought another Rancher.  It was Really a nice simplistic ride and there are certain things I really liked and miss about it.

DSC_0070.JPG

20 hours ago, wylde1 said:

I have a 2001 Yamaha Warrior and a 2001 Polaris Trailblazer.  The Blazer is pretty well wasted, but one day I may fix it.  I use them for trailriding.  I like the mud and jumping the most.  Jumping into the mud is like a little slice of Heaven for me. :D

The trail blazer is a 350 2 stroke? 

• 2 years later...