Quantcast

What kind of quad do you have?

Ive got a Suzuki LT250 but need to get the barrel and piston sorted as she smokes a fair bit! I would really like to get a 4x4 version but as I only really use it for shunting logs around on the trailer I don't really know whether it'll be worth the upgrade as it doesn't really struggle and dont get the chance to use it on the really wet ground.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That’s surprising since they really are work horses and run forever.  

I picked one a while back and it was I 400ex that was sitting.  Made some repairs and it was a beast. Sold it about a year ago  and the new owner still messages me  that he loves the bike. 

So what’s happening with your bike that your always working on it, anything we can help with ? 

@Frank Angerano Nothing is really wrong with it, I've just been doing modifications. I think there's a leak in ther valve cover and since I finished my last modification last night I'll probably start on that Monday. I've decided to hydro dip the body so I'm going to sandblast it this afternoon. I just really love working on stuff and I've been out of work for the past year with my baby so I'm going a little crazy. I foresaw the end of this project and started taking my buell apart last night, lol. Do you know of anything I can do to DECREASE the low end throttle response without taking off any of the modifications? This is my 11 year old daughter's atv and I think I may have went a little overboard trying to see what I could do to it, lol. 

I would not be so quick to sand blast it.  I consider myself an atv plastic magician! I’ve tried tons of stuff as afar as colors graphics spraying and hydro dipping.  Sanding and buffing . Most of them worked out well, I did find however that nothing preps my plastics better then wet sanding with a 1200 grit and then an 1800 grit paper.  One thing I do want to also mention is you need a huge bin to properly hydro dip the plastics in since most of them are big pieces.   

I also had a recent project, it was a Kawasaki bayou. I water sanded the plastics to a smooth finish and dropped them off at a body shop for cars.  Asked him to spray them with a black on the next car he was spraying back. He put a flex agent in the paint and also sprayed an adhesion promoter.  Then he baked them in a booth for an hour.   They came out like glass and he charged me $150 bucks.  The hydro dip and any other color scheme I wanted to do would have cost me $90 bucks so I spent the extra $60 and it was well worth it and no labor for me ! 

As as far as the low end throttle response I have no clue what your talking about so maybe you can explain it better. I finished my daughters atv a while back she’s 13 and I tried to keep it a mod free as possible and did only graphics etc. It came out sick but it’s as fast as she needs it right now. 

@Frank Angerano  It has a lot of low end torque... you barely have to touch the throttle and it jumps. I definitely got carried away. In hindsight, not my best idea. What is wet sanding? I have a plastic container that would work for the large pieces but I'm also a single mom of three kids and spare time is something I don't have alot of. I'm going to call around and talk to some of the body shops in the area, it would be great if I could find a deal like that. 

Wet sanding is simply taking a pice of water sandpaper. Ask for it at any hardware store or Home Depot  etc,  It has a very distinctive look to it. Dark grey and not your ordinary paper looking type.  Ask for 1200 and 1800. It’s very fine but really smooths things over and makes for good prep base.   You use a small bucket of water or a spray bottle.  Wet the area and start sanding.  

Now as far as body shops I was very explicit about getting a good deal because I asked him to do it while he was using a color that I needed and not going out of his way to do it for me.  

And trust me I understand the time constraints I have three little blood suckers of my own.  Thank god now one is old enough to rebuild my carburetors and help out with breaking  a bike down/pulling it apart. 

I've taught my 11 and 7 year old some basic stuff on cars, spark plugs, EGR valve, wires, etc. But neither of them are really interested in it. I did get my oldest to build a little mini car and wire everything up with me, and they both had fun with the cloud chamber, but that was more due to the "Wow" factor. You'd think at least one out of three would be mechanically inclined. I've got my money on the baby, she's not as fragile as the other two. I hope so because it would be fun to have someone to do this stuff with. My oldest daughter asked me why I changed out the exhaust if the old one was working and I told her the new exhaust added ten horsepower. Her response was "So?" I said, "Well that will make it faster" and she said "So?" It's like, whose kid ARE you?! They gave me the wrong one!!!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 3:09 AM, Tiffany Rowland said:

I've taught my 11 and 7 year old some basic stuff on cars, spark plugs, EGR valve, wires, etc. But neither of them are really interested in it. I did get my oldest to build a little mini car and wire everything up with me, and they both had fun with the cloud chamber, but that was more due to the "Wow" factor. You'd think at least one out of three would be mechanically inclined. I've got my money on the baby, she's not as fragile as the other two. I hope so because it would be fun to have someone to do this stuff with. My oldest daughter asked me why I changed out the exhaust if the old one was working and I told her the new exhaust added ten horsepower. Her response was "So?" I said, "Well that will make it faster" and she said "So?" It's like, whose kid ARE you?! They gave me the wrong one!!!

That's funny... There is a shortage of auto mechanics in the industry, could be a great career!

I gotta Polaris sportsman 800, sportsman 500, Yamaha warrior 350, Honda trx350 4x4, honda trx 90, Suzuki 90, Suzuki 50, Yamaha 50, and Chinese 110.  Only proud of the Polaris and warrior

On 8/26/2019 at 3:09 AM, Tiffany Rowland said:

I'll be ur kid😂, my fam hates all my ATV talk and diesel truck talk🙄..  lol 2 more years till I can move out......👌

On 10/14/2016 at 5:42 PM, Shane Pillar said:

I have a 2008 Yamaha Raptor 250. Dad has a 2003 Arctic Cat 400. Sister has the same as me.:biglaugh:

How old are you son?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...