Quantcast

2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 Charging Issue?

Matt John

• 3 weeks later...
  • Ajmboy changed the title to 2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 Charging Issue?
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

i gotta 2017 570 too and its been a great machine.  i would check for any loose connections between the stater and the battery.  also check that your stater isnt blown and check your reg rectifier.

im running a $30 dollar cheap aftermarket battery in mine and it does fine- has a little issue turning over with i have the lights on or some draw on it but thats because it was made for a 300cc atv, not a 570 lol.  not sure what the cca are on it

Edited by JacobSlabach

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a 2017 570 EFI, dealer put a new battery at purchase and it kept going dead. I assumed because it wasn't fully charged and I didn't run it much. Long story short it would go dead while driving. I changed battery, same issue, kept it on a trickle charger, same issue. Tested regulator rectifier, was bad. Replaced with Moffett, was working fine. Took my son for a ride around our yard(fast) the regulator rectifier caught on fire, had to disconnect it to get flames to stop. I got a new one for free, I still have occasional issues while running. battery hasn't died though. I'm afraid to run it long in hot weather. Was out of warranty period by the time I tested regulator....I think a recall should be issued but I don't know the exact problem. Too many people with same issues.

To test the charging system, first check the battery voltage while the engine is running. If voltage is lower than 13Vdc then rev the motor in neutral to about 3000rpm. If voltage is still lower than 13Vdc, find the large 3 wire stator charging connector, 3 large yellow wires kindy near the battery on the left side. Check AC voltage on the yellow wires. There should be 3 different tests, first test pin 1 and 2, then pin 1 and 3, then pin 2 and 3. Take readings while engine is reving around 3000rpm. Yellow wire voltages should be over 25Vac for all 3 tests. If yellow wire test is good then the problem is almost always the voltage regulator. 

• 5 months later...

i did the test on the factory regulator and stator which is why i replaced the regulator. the second one catching fire is what concerned me. With the new regulator i only have an occasional issue where i have to turn the key a few times before starter will engage. i would say once every 15 starts. i only use the machine for snow plow and short rides. im just concerned it is another electrical issue. Thanks for replies.

This is an old post and the OP has probably already long since fixed his..  But for the record.. That low battery message is not to be worried about, it can come on any time the battery voltage gets too low, which it can apparently if you idle around or run too many accessories. The manual says to rev the engine in neutral for a few minutes. If that original posters's bike had sat for a bit the battery may have been a little low and starting it up might have momentarily dropped the voltage too low..