Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1997 Kawasaki Bayou 300 2x4 (klf300b) Runs Bad

JacobSlabach

Make sure all your bolts are out any tap the sections wit a rubber mallet or a 2x4 small piece. Be gently rough lol

Once the head is separated from the cylinder head: 

The cam shaft is out correct? If so you should be able to remove the two bolts on the side of the head that hold the rocker arm in. That will take the rocker arms out and expose the top of the valve where you can get the spring compressor over the valve.  

1 hour ago, 06kfx440 said:

Oh no. I'm corrected.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There is where you seperate0b461c2bca9fd03471d10cbfafe1a12aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Didn't find a joint.  Pounded it pretty hard from different angles.

1 hour ago, Frank Angerano said:

You will definitely need the cam and rocker assembly out of your way.  

how do i pull the cam and rockers?

So if you count seven fins  up from the bottom of the head that’s the separation point form the head to the cylinder. 

The cam you may have to just hold the rockers up one at a time to slide the cam out and then the rockers can come out.  

Screw one of the bolts that held the sprocket on into the cam to help you grab it better.  

Take a look at some of these. You are also able to download the manual yourself if you want.  Make sure you take some time and absorb it. You are deep into this now so failure here is not an option.  You have to put this back together the way it came apart and when the bike fires up you will feel great! So take your time and read it and don’t get frustrated.