Quantcast

Do you race? Or just ride for fun?

well this weekend neither of us broke anything, nick bent his rim in but was able to beat it back out with a rock when he got to the creek section.....

finished 3rd outta 5 girls, with the rim problem, nick finished 9th out of 27 riders in the a class...too bad he was leading when he bent it :(

• 4 weeks later...
I really want to try to race, but first the knee has to heal and I've been practicing at my cousins house( he has trails and a track(sm.) So only time will tell.

Start out by racing gophers....

Then move up.....

When you get to small sheep, then you're ready......

I go now....

-TD

• 1 month later...

the day i DONT ride for fun is the day i sell them!! I always ride for fun! i just do it in the local pro-class most of the time now.lol.:gnorsic::doa16: I encourage everybody that has any amount of seat time on a quad to get involved at a local level race sometime:yes: It's a blast just to get out and get involved with other riders.. there are alot more ppl than you think that just go for fun!! Not Blood.. and not everybody is as fast as they claim to be.. GET INVOLVED!! You'll be glad you did!!:chicken:

Is your knee doing better ?

:no:well the knee.....let's see. I can't sit indian style anymore, sometimes it buckles backwards when I'm walking(thats when it hurts bad). Can't cuddle up on the couch like I used to. On the other hand, the brace does help its just a pain to have to put on everyday.

Next weekend I will be in Marion Illinois riding. (check out the event site) I am tired of waiting for my leg to get muscle strangth back. I need and want to ride before it turns off real cold(that hurts the knee). I'm not scared to ride again. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Ride for fun. If I was a sport-quad guy, I might get into racing, but as of now I'll stick to cruising the trails and just riding to have fun. OK, I'll do a drag race once-in-a-while against my dad or brother, but that's it really...no real racing here.

For me, riding is a release from stress...I don't want to be stressed out about a race!

EDIT: Just realized this is the girl's section of the forum. I'm a guy, for the record! Sorry 'bout tha'!

adammmm TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! while riding is fun, racing is a whole other level....especially when you have friends that do it with you...in my class here in NY I've got 3 other regular girls and we're all really good friends on and off the track..and it makes us super competitive....

yeah we talk smack to each other but in the end its all about doing your best and having fun....we just finished our season today, i'll definitely miss not seein them nearly every weekend...and i'll miss the adrenaline that pumps through my veins while i'm waiting for the green flag to fly.....

adammmm TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! while riding is fun, racing is a whole other level....especially when you have friends that do it with you...in my class here in NY I've got 3 other regular girls and we're all really good friends on and off the track..and it makes us super competitive....

yeah we talk smack to each other but in the end its all about doing your best and having fun....we just finished our season today, i'll definitely miss not seein them nearly every weekend...and i'll miss the adrenaline that pumps through my veins while i'm waiting for the green flag to fly.....

hahaha!! nothing will mess with you quiet like a dead engine start huh wheeler??? lol!! thats a major advantage most 400's like yours have over the 450's.. I hate its the end of your season..:no: its hard walking away after all that.. my last "season" race is this coming sunday.. but hopefully i'll be able to run an indoor MX series this winter to stay in shape and get out of the house!..:woot: Maybe you can find something like that to stay involved while its too cold this winter..:wiggle:

they have a mud and snow harescramble series here about an hour from me...its the same track a few weekends throughout the winter...but the track's like 3-4 miles long and you race only for like 45 mins. sooo i'm not quite sure if it's worth it yet....i'm still pondering the thought of trying to make the ohio gncc...its 6 hours away from me.....

i'm confused...do you do harescrambles or mx//

Well I'm at home in the woods!!!:wink: but a friend and I went to the FMF indoor winter series(MX) last year just to play, we Both took turns riding this stock LT-r, he got 2nd in the beginner class, and i got 5th in the Intermediate.. It was fun! and being held indoor, the tracks are very tight and no MASSIVE air,, so we're going to run the whole series for the heck of it this winter just for fun..lol. we're gonna be traveling over 4 hours each of the indoor races, from Asheville to Knoxville..:autoc:

about those races your considering.. I would hit them up if i were you!!

you know you want to0:wink: have fun, Good Luck and BE SAFE up there at the GNCC race!! I'm gonna try my best to hit them all next year!!

you're goin to hit all the gncc's?? how the hell you gonna afford it...and taking time off from work?? that's my biggest problem..not so much the money, but taking the time off from work.

we did an indoor series in greenville, ky and had a blast...i'd always win my first moto and choke in my second and come in second!!!!

anywho...my dad wants to buy my quad, so im contemplating on getting a new one....suggestions?? realistic ones....either a honda or can am is what i want.

• 10 years later...