Just Joined and I need 10 posts to download a manual

• Sad 2

On 12/13/2018 at 6:50 AM, nix377 said:

Choosing an ATV can be overwhelming at first. There a ton of good and bad opinions about all the major manufacturers. The first thing you have to do is be honest with yourself about how you plan to use it. I've seen several friends buy machines they later regretted for this very reason. Some wanted mud machines, and quickly realized they only get into the mud a small percentage of their riding time. Others bought sport quads that weren't practical for woods and trail riding at our local trails. I was lucky enough to have one of each. When we rode dirt roads and fast trails I took the sport, for snow and mud trails i took the utility atv.

Now that I'm old and ride slower, I have one utility quad. Speed is no longer a factor, it's about the comfort for my aging body. I've owned ATV's from every manufacturer and there were things I loved and hated about all of them. They all have their pluses and minuses. Do your research, test drive as many as you can and most importantly, once you buy one enjoy it as much as you can! 

I;d go with polaris or yamaha if you want performance (will cost a little more to fix up), honda if you want it to last forever with little upkeep, canam if you plan to race or want 'crap your pants' speeds.   I love the Polaris Sportsman and Yamaha Kodiak

On 12/23/2018 at 1:30 PM, MD570 said:

Good advice i nix377 if you new to ATV's.  That was my case last year, never owned an ATV, researched a lot and eventually settled on Sportsman 570.

good reliable one to start on!

On 9/5/2018 at 4:09 PM, Matt John said:

You can but a new polaris sportsman 570 for $4400 + tax and fees...

Thats reasonable I think!!!

Where you finding those???   I never heard of a sportsman 500/570 new for under $6000

Hello guys I'm new to this forum,I have a few of those Chinese machines, yeah some could be garbage, but if you have some tools and a little bit of imagination and money of course to get parts and etc,you can actually modify your quad,I fixed my friends daughters gokart and he gave me this 05 Kazuma Falcon,(Raptor looking) GY6 engine KZM157MQJ  F/N/R for free and I have some other ones working on them too,by the way "Shopatvpartsonline" they ripped me off this company doesn't exist stay away please,I need some info on this Kazuma Falcon,if it's a Falcon,that's what he told me,my friend but he's not sure,please help,thank you!!!

20181230_154005.jpg

@orvilleortiz538 hard to tell what all you have to work with, without being there to check it out  myself but there are places to get the parts you need for those things. I had to order parts for a scooter a while back, you just gotta know exactly what you have to get what you need. I got welders and stuff, so i'd probably do mods if was too much of a pain in the as*. Im turning a honda shadow 1100cc bike into a trike 1st, then Im building a front end for it and a longer frame. Eventually itll be a mid engine 2 seater side by side called Frankie. I just like to create monsters! 

1986-honda-vt1100c-shaddow-94291-528.jpg

IMG_20181210_205905.jpg

IMG_20181210_210041.jpg

Search google and go to images and see if you can find one that looks like yours, go to the web site and see what info you can dig up. Good luck man!!

• Like 1

[mention=21974]orvilleortiz538[/mention] hard to tell what all you have to work with, without being there to check it out  myself but there are places to get the parts you need for those things. I had to order parts for a scooter a while back, you just gotta know exactly what you have to get what you need. I got welders and stuff, so i'd probably do mods if was too much of a pain in the as*. Im turning a honda shadow 1100cc bike into a trike 1st, then Im building a front end for it and a longer frame. Eventually itll be a mid engine 2 seater side by side called Frankie. I just like to create monsters! 
1986-honda-vt1100c-shaddow-94291-528.thumb.jpg.b1ee9d0e6fbe45b472f7657781e69523.jpg
IMG_20181210_205905.thumb.jpg.a9b0456fe468804904b50793a8a86a86.jpg
IMG_20181210_210041.thumb.jpg.2ec86e4e6a7a483aaf99ad6d1ba8ac19.jpg
Search google and go to images and see if you can find one that looks like yours, go to the web site and see what info you can dig up. Good luck man!!

It was given to me,but its hard to find info in this Chinese knockoff,all I know as of yet is the vin# those ones I posted(Kazuma) GY6 engine Kzm157mqj 3 gears F/N/R but once I start taking it apart I'll keep the pics in order,and Yeah Man you're building something SERIOUS!!!! Nice I like it...that's it U just have to get creative with that grinder, welder and acetylene!!!! Thanks for the reply and pics...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

https://www.alibaba.com/ & https://www.aliexpress.com 

@orvilleortiz538 these are chinese sites you can order from (I think you gotta create account,...brain injury so I cant remember for sure) and they have parts, you just gotta find them. i order all kinds of  things from them and get them super cheap, you just gotta wait about a month for them to get here, usually unless you pay for faster shipping

looks like 124cm3 is the 125cc engine. im gonna keep looking for ya and see what i can find
Yeah I saw that 124cm3 on 110's'125's,150's and i did some research on it and this guy brakes it down like this Kzm157mqj number 1 stands for 1 cylinder engine #57 is the millimeter for the piston and he brakes down the lettering also, buggydepot.com and it kind of makes sense,supposedly they use that 124cm3 on all their bikes but some have bigger pistons cause its illegal to bore up quads etc..... and the guy who gave me the quad said that has a 150cc gy6 engine with 3 gears it has a shifter on the right side,but I'll dig more in that engine soon,I'll keep you posted,thanks for all the help....a9334c43bd69f216a0109ad46dc88384.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 12:42 PM, turp said:

chinese  brands are  junk. Bought a new one for my wife and i was

always fixing it.

Some Chinese are junk. As a mechanic, I started with a $100 E-Ton 150. after some work, it  became  a great first machine for me.

I'm old and want a trail riding machine with off road (into the woods) ability. The Eton Yukon has a very dependable GY6 engine. Parts are easily available. Electrics are good and repairable if needed - I soaked and shorted a rotor.  I found that it got me where I wanted to go, was light enough to lift off a hang-up on a log.  It ran dependably for years until it started throwing the chain under load, that I couldn't solve (turned out the right side trailing axle arm fractured - slipped under load and popped right back into place afterwards - couldn't see it past the fat rear tire.

After being frustrated solving the problem and no longer trusting it as my wheelchair for the woods, I bought a badly beaten (kids') Recon TRX 250 . They have good reputation and the 2WHD is all I need. I mastered  plastic welding repairing all 4 busted fenders. I like it, it has more power, but I liked the CVT on the E-Ton. I  modified the toe lift  shift lever on the Recon, and will adjust the shift  play

After I welded the trailing arm on the Eton Yukon and put it back in service I picked up another  E-Ton 150, that had broken BOTH  rear arms and was loosely in two pieces. Both work well now 

I had picked up a TaoTao 110  for my grandson that was a complete piece of crap. Lousy wiring connectors that would break rather than disconnect. Constant intermittent electrical and fuel problems (corroding aluminum float needle) , and body plastic that was an absolute pain to remove. It did inspire my son in law to buy him a good Polaris, and then one for himself. My daughter liked my Recon so he bought her a CanAm.  Now we all ride.

• 4 months later...

My experience...

Major brands - used older machines are tough and generally easier to obtain parts for in the aftermarket and used.  Many times if they are broken can be purchased for the same price as a Chinese ATV. Parts to repair will cost about the same or less than a new Chinese machine, but they tend to be very reliable once repaired. Retains resale value after you are done riding/repairing it.

Chinese brands - can be purchased cheap and repaired cheap when they break.  I would only recommend someone who really wants to get into repairing ATVs or likes to tinker constantly with something to purchase them.  (Of course mileage can very from brand to brand) Resale value is little to non-existent once they are broken.

as a side note, I have purchased many an older kawasaki or suzuki quads and repaired them cheaper than most sellers want for their piles of broken chinese ATVs.

I agree. I started out with a beater Eton 150, because it was cheap. I'm a mechanic so I enjoyed learning about them (ended up with four that ran and 1 donor). I  still run them - they have been dependable if low performance - my wheelchair for the woods.

I bought a beater 125 TaoTao to fix for my grandson. Awful. Alternated between intermittant carburetor problems and intrmittant electrical problems. The wiring is poor with bullet connectors the come loose in place.  The handle bars with switches and levers attached have to be removed and dangle to remove the front body panel and acess wiring. I ended cutting it off and laccing it back on with zipties.

I now have a Honda Recon, that is fun to ride and its a Honda. I'll be looking for a 4x4 Honda for snow and difficult terrain.

Tahj

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Been ridding since 8 yrs old , im now 54 lol.  Statred on briggs and stratton mini bikes, to a benelli , then scattered the typical, cr,s and xr,s.    Then i seen the coomercial for Big red...... that three wheeler was it , had to have it lol

did odd jobs, paper routes and worked as* off , got it reduced in price going into winter , dealership needed floor space for snowmachine season,   My dad worked the owner alittle and saturday afternoon we were putting in his truck, snow coming down i was so excited lol.....got it home and rode it in snow it was fun.    Moved on with my age to now im on a new kodiak 700 , wife has a new 450. ...we use them to work on property , plowing, pulling trees and general work on property ..... i have always been firm believer never skimp on quality or size to save a buck i just waited untill i could afford it .... but to a new rider you just need to be honest with self , if its for work and occasional trail rides ,  or if you are a full on racer going balls out ..... but for all practical thoughts my utility machine does all i ask.   We enjoy trails,and using for work ....i know Honestly im not the age to have a built banshee going all out lol...... and honestly the woods we ride in are not for that ...... so when deciding i think be honest , if its for the occasional trail ride once a month , or are you plowing sunday and monday , then pulling cedar trees all week , then going for trail ride its all what you expect , just my 2 cents .....be safe and enjoy 

Airborne 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...