Quantcast

Suzuki king quad 300 idles great but Boggs when you apply throttle

Go to solution Solved by 97kingquad,

16 minutes ago, 97kingquad said:

So you got butt hurt and rather than being informative (or continuing to help me) you are blaming everyone else? 

I've been the most informative one here posting pics and videos and advice based on having been where you are now with the same machine.

I'm butthurt over the fact that I dispensed good information while mech gets jealous then derails the thread into attacks and then you say you're not taking sides.  So if you won't help me then I'm not helping you.

And you ridicule me when you can't tell the exhaust from the intake?!?

Good luck with Mech.... you deserve each other.

On 7/24/2023 at 9:41 PM, Mech said:

Just suck on the two vacuum hoses carefully to see if you can suck fuel through them.. It would mean a hole in a diaphragm if you can.

And the intermittent readings from the gauge is probably because your gauge only takes a reading a few times a second, so you are sometimes getting it at the top of the sine wave and sometimes not.

I tried sucking the vacuum lines and there is a lot of pressure, no fuel 

18 minutes ago, JustRandy said:

I've been the most informative one here posting pics and videos and advice based on having been where you are now with the same machine.

I'm butthurt over the fact that I dispensed good information while mech gets jealous then derails the thread into attacks and then you say you're not taking sides.  So if you won't help me then I'm not helping you.

Bruh. You are on my thread telling me and anyone else who is offering possible solutions that they are wrong. Yeah you seem pretty butt hurt. And no I'm not trying to take side's. The fact that you expect me to and dismiss anyone else tells me that you are a bit ignorant to the fact someone else might know something you don't... 

I know what I know and I don't know what I don't know. The difference between us is I can admit that, move on and keep learning. 

When you get to the point you seem to be at where you think there's nothing left that you can learn.. well..

26 minutes ago, JustRandy said:

This should really be your online bio lol

But in all seriousness if you're not here to help me figure it out then you actually are part of the problem and you can leave. 

I'm not here to argue with a supposedly grown as* man. I'm trying to figure out how to get the bike working properly. 

15 minutes ago, 97kingquad said:

You are on my thread telling me and anyone else who is offering possible solutions that they are wrong.

Where did I say anyone was wrong?  Suzuki says Mech is wrong.  IEEE says Mech is wrong.  John Deere says Mech is wrong.

But I even took Mech's side as an olive branch to look into the fuel pump and he still managed to start a fight over it.

From what I can tell you guys deserve each other.

5 minutes ago, 97kingquad said:

But in all seriousness if you're not here to help me figure it out then you actually are part of the problem and you can leave. 

I'm trying to leave but you won't stop calling me out.  Do you want me to leave or do you want to keep arguing on a thread you said you wanted to keep neat and tidy?

Try the two sparkplugs 97..  That will show if the spark is failing at revs.

There's another thing.. can you describe the bogging.. is it cutting in and out like someone is cutting the ignition about twenty times a second, or just sort of loading up and making noise but not revving. And is it the same revving in neutral or riding it ?

Do you think the exhaust could be blocked ? That would cause it to be like that second description there, and perhaps spit into the carb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustRandy said:

I'm trying to leave but you won't stop calling me out.  Do you want me to leave or do you want to keep arguing on a thread you said you wanted to keep neat and tidy?

It doesn't seem like you're trying to leave when you feel you need to have the last word. 

It also doesn't make sense for you to insinuate I stop commenting when..... I started the thread. And up until this point I was trying everything you suggested. But it feels like I am having to try to meditate between whatever bone you have to pick with mech while just trying to get the thread back on track..

Now I noticed my air box smells a bit like fuel.

I took the carb off and reset the set screw. (I have yet to check the needle setting) 

And put the carb back on but left the rubber connector to the airbox off so I could see the needle and slider and I seen when I rev it up fuel spits back out when it Boggs.

Is that the valves or the carb? Because it has had back pressure when it Boggs the whole time where I could feel it in the airbox 

1 hour ago, Mech said:

Try the two sparkplugs 97..  That will show if the spark is failing at revs.

There's another thing.. can you describe the bogging.. is it cutting in and out like someone is cutting the ignition about twenty times a second, or just sort of loading up and making noise but not revving. And is it the same revving in neutral or riding it ?

Do you think the exhaust could be blocked ? That would cause it to be like that second description there, and perhaps spit into the carb.

It's possible I'll have to check. I will try the two spark plugs tomorrow once I'm back home. And I just posted a video and an explanation of what's going on in the thread pg 6

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 97kingquad said:

It doesn't seem like you're trying to leave when you feel you need to have the last word. 

I don't have to have the last word, but when you say something that's wrong I have to correct it.  Just like you did here about me having to have the last word.

And this too:

37 minutes ago, 97kingquad said:

It also doesn't make sense for you to insinuate I stop commenting when..... I started the thread

I was just pointing out it was you who said you didn't want to sidetrack the thread from the topic yet you keep sidetracking the thread.

40 minutes ago, 97kingquad said:

But it feels like I am having to try to meditate between whatever bone you have to pick with mech while just trying to get the thread back on track..

Mech and I have been fighting for over a year.  You weren't here to see it so you don't understand.

He argued with me incessantly about regulators a year ago and now he's telling you to turn the lights on to see if it's the regulator.  He couldn't accept the fact that all the king quad regulators are faulty and suggested some other tests but could never state exactly what tests.  He just wanted to argue rather than admit he learned something.  

He argued with engineers and battery manufacturers about how to charge lithium batteries.

He argued with Suzuki service manuals, John Deere service manuals, and valve seat cutter manufacturers about whether to lap valves.

Now he's telling you to not adjust your valves which is direct contradiction to the Suzuki service manual.

I posted the pic of the fuel pump in an effort to back Mech in his idea to check the pump in an effort to get along with him, and to give you an idea of what the pump looks like.  Then Mech insinuates that everyone should check their pumps because mine was corroded along with a bunch of other insulting comments about me.  He sidetracked the thread, but then you attack me over it.  That's what got me butthurt.

So if you couldn't see that I was trying to help you and then Mech attacked me and then you not only didn't defend me, but you attacked me too, then you can't blame me for not wanting to help you.

I just had enough of it and you got caught in the cross fire.  I PMed admin about it so we'll see.

1 hour ago, Mech said:

lol...  I don't argue and I don't fight.

Now you're arguing about whether or not you're arguing.

Arguing about regulator:  https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/16439-1990-quadrunner-lt-4wd-wont-idle-compatible-cdi/#comment-120267

Arguing about how to charge lithium batteries:  https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/16649-which-brand-of-battery-is-best/page/2/#comment-121547

Arguing about valve lapping:  https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/16761-barn-find-97-bayou-220-double-intake-from-exhaust-and-carb-im-stumped/#comment-122251

Arguing about whether carb manufacturers are capable of making a poorly designed carb:  https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/16053-carby-adjusting/page/2/#comment-120034

97..  I think what you need to do here is raise the slide needle.

It's nearly always a lean mixture that causes this, and that's the easiest thing to try at this stage.

There are other things, but most of them I think are very long shots.

Raise the needle or lower the clip and try it..

I'll explain what the other things are, and why this, despite the seeming contradiction about the air-box lid effect, is the most probably cause  tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that is going to be the cure.

Do whatever you want Randy... you don't need my permission.

Post #12..  The standard setting for needle clips is always the middle one..

Set it there..  It should improve it at least.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JustRandy said:

I don't have to have the last word, but when you say something that's wrong I have to correct it.  Just like you did here about me having to have the last word.

And this too:

I was just pointing out it was you who said you didn't want to sidetrack the thread from the topic yet you keep sidetracking the thread.

Mech and I have been fighting for over a year.  You weren't here to see it so you don't understand.

He argued with me incessantly about regulators a year ago and now he's telling you to turn the lights on to see if it's the regulator.  He couldn't accept the fact that all the king quad regulators are faulty and suggested some other tests but could never state exactly what tests.  He just wanted to argue rather than admit he learned something.  

He argued with engineers and battery manufacturers about how to charge lithium batteries.

He argued with Suzuki service manuals, John Deere service manuals, and valve seat cutter manufacturers about whether to lap valves.

Now he's telling you to not adjust your valves which is direct contradiction to the Suzuki service manual.

I posted the pic of the fuel pump in an effort to back Mech in his idea to check the pump in an effort to get along with him, and to give you an idea of what the pump looks like.  Then Mech insinuates that everyone should check their pumps because mine was corroded along with a bunch of other insulting comments about me.  He sidetracked the thread, but then you attack me over it.  That's what got me butthurt.

So if you couldn't see that I was trying to help you and then Mech attacked me and then you not only didn't defend me, but you attacked me too, then you can't blame me for not wanting to help you.

I just had enough of it and you got caught in the cross fire.  I PMed admin about it so we'll see.

You say you've been attacked but nobody has even come close. Rather we have questions because of how reactive you are to anyone who disagrees or maybe not even disagrees with you but maybe just thinks something else. 

I honestly dont think anyone has done anything on here that would justify you getting so upset over what someone on your computer has to say. 

If you are confident in what you say then you shouldnt feel the need to degrade someone else for their input. None the less.

I'm gonna start a new thread because as much as you want to blame everyone else you threw this on a spin along with the rest of us it just seems you can't admit when the fault is yours. 

Mech is still offering advice whereas you are just stuck on feeling defensive 

10 minutes ago, kp3004x4 said:

Interesting???? 

Mech is right on all things, right?

"Ever since that Trump got in, it seemed to me that he was hell bent on taking America down in every way he could.. I'm glad he's out.. he's a threat to your country and the whole world in my opinion.. I hope you all get over the strife he's caused as soon as possible and that he get's thrown out of the country for good....  He's one nasty piece of work as far as I can tell, and with an agenda.."  https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/15214-2020-presidential-election-discussion-thread/page/4/#comment-113519

"Trump was inviting the Russians to interfere in the elections..  As a by the by..

Now they are saying his talk is sedition.. That is so far short of what he's been doing ever since he got in that it's a joke.. It's been deliberate treason from start to finish.

What's the punishment over there for treason ?"  https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/15214-2020-presidential-election-discussion-thread/page/6/#comment-113655

"Trump's bravado and the subsequent loss of opportunity meant your strategies were doomed to failure. It's not that masks do nothing, or that vaccine's don't work, we all know that vaccines are effective and an effective way to prevent epidemics."  https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/15388-china-virus/page/8/#comment-117644

42 minutes ago, JustRandy said:

Mech is right on all things, right?

"Ever since that Trump got in, it seemed to me that he was hell bent on taking America down in every way he could.. I'm glad he's out.. he's a threat to your country and the whole world in my opinion.. I hope you all get over the strife he's caused as soon as possible and that he get's thrown out of the country for good....  He's one nasty piece of work as far as I can tell, and with an agenda.."  https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/15214-2020-presidential-election-discussion-thread/page/4/#comment-113519

"Trump was inviting the Russians to interfere in the elections..  As a by the by..

Now they are saying his talk is sedition.. That is so far short of what he's been doing ever since he got in that it's a joke.. It's been deliberate treason from start to finish.

What's the punishment over there for treason ?"  https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/15214-2020-presidential-election-discussion-thread/page/6/#comment-113655

"Trump's bravado and the subsequent loss of opportunity meant your strategies were doomed to failure. It's not that masks do nothing, or that vaccine's don't work, we all know that vaccines are effective and an effective way to prevent epidemics."  https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/15388-china-virus/page/8/#comment-117644

Honestly I don't care at all randy. At this point you're starting to piss me off. I'm not here to argue with a grown man for the sake of his big ego. Take your drama somewhere else so I can keep working on my bike 

8 hours ago, Mech said:

97..  I think what you need to do here is raise the slide needle.

It's nearly always a lean mixture that causes this, and that's the easiest thing to try at this stage.

There are other things, but most of them I think are very long shots.

Raise the needle or lower the clip and try it..

I'll explain what the other things are, and why this, despite the seeming contradiction about the air-box lid effect, is the most probably cause  tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that is going to be the cure.

Do whatever you want Randy... you don't need my permission.

Post #12..  The standard setting for needle clips is always the middle one..

Set it there..  It should improve it at least.

I will adjust the needle when I get home tonight. Also a friend mentioned maybe one of my jets is not working properly so I may end just either buying a rebuild kit or another carb so I have this as a spare just to test it out. If It doesn't fix it I still have a spare carb so 

55 minutes ago, 97kingquad said:

Honestly I don't care at all randy. At this point you're starting to piss me off. I'm not here to argue with a grown man for the sake of his big ego. Take your drama somewhere else so I can keep working on my bike 

I was talking to KP, not you.  Who pooped in your cornflakes?

47 minutes ago, 97kingquad said:

I do not see that as insulting I see it as him challenging your reasoning and you get mad and go off trying to insult everyone who disagrees with you.  

The insinuation that everyone should clean their pumps because mine was corroded was an attack on what was meant to be an olive branch.

And I never thought the pump was the problem.  That was his idea.  Another attack on me.

Insinuating that all pumps are bad is yet another attack because I said all regulators are bad.

Not that hard to see.  He deviated from the topic to me.

I feel completely justified in my reaction and am starting to question whether you are actually reading posts.

As far as helping you goes I can't do anything until you check the intake valve because everything else depends on a mechanically sound engine.

If the valves aren't the problem and the regulator is not the problem then I don't know.  I would junk the cv carb and replace with some 28-30mm roundslide from another suzuki bike off ebay.  In fact that is exactly what I did.

There is nothing else I can do to help.

Too funny..

97.. please don't buy an aftermarket carb, they always need resetting up, and it's generally more work than fixing the original.. Gw will back me up on this I'm sure.

That carb, on the slide needle, it's held in by a plastic thing with an O ring right ? Well that's an original carb I'm pretty sure and all the jets and the needle and all will be right for the bike. On the needle there are two plastic washers, and one goes above and one below the clip. The trick is though that on some I've seen both plastic spacers are the same thickness, and on others they have been different. I think the thick one is meant to be under the clip, and it might have been swapped, and then the needle clip moved, or the clip has just been moved anyway.. for whatever reason the needle needs raising now. If one clip makes a difference you could tr.y a second move in case the washers are wrong.. It might be needed.

The reasoning.. because Randy is sure to challenge it..haha  like I care, but it's good for people that are interested to know.

You say it's backfiring into/through the carb right ? Not just puffing air back out, but backfiring..  Well backfiring is because the incoming mixture is getting ignited. There are a few possible reasons for that.. 

It can ignite becaue the valve timing is out, and then they don't idle so good, and they are down or torque when you drive them. I know you haven't driven it much but I think you'd have noticed the other symptoms.

Or, the incoming mixture is ignited by carbon build up, or a real hot spark-plug tip, both of which needs the engine to run for a while till it's good and hot.

Or, the incoming fuel gets ignited by unburnt gases caused by real late ignition timing, which is super rare these days. That also makes them gutless.

Or because the mixture is still in there burning because it was so lean on the last firing. That is the most common cause by far.

There is another cause of burning still going on in there when the new charge arrives and that's raw fuel deposited on the cool head surface and smoldering away, but that doesn't get caused by a rich mixture alone, if the mixture was that rich it would be spewing black smoke, but it can be caused by badly atomised fuel getting in there in big globs. That's why I suspected the vacuum hoses, it's a rich condition and the air-box thing would fit that.

Of those likely causes the lean mixture is the most likely, and the easy one to change.