BuckBilly

Where you like to ride and what riding does for you?

i LOVE to ride and race, as everyone knows. it keeps me in shape, keeps me sane, great way to take out your frustrations.....plus, it helps me stay bonded to my husband sooo much, we both ride and race....its awesome.

• Like 1

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I feel like I am in one of the great ATV riding areas. With in a hour and 1/2 drive in any direction I can ride desert terrain of all skill levels (racing the washes is fun), ride ridges with un-obsturcted views for miles. Mountain wooded trails from beginner to the hardest stuff I have ever ridden, sand dunes, major hill climbs, and mud. Wooded trails are my favorite ride and it's so great to just get out, have fun and leave everything else behind.

VERVE must not live very far from me....We are on the eastern slope of the Cascades here so I can ride into the National Forest from my garage. It's the perfect place to test bikes and quads I have worked on! Hardly a day goes by here that I don't hear at least a few motorcycles echoing thru the trees after school's out.... The national forest runs about 300 miles north to south and 50 miles east - and then it is all prairie and desert all the way to Boise Idaho and beyond. [a little over 300 miles].

Nearby is the East Fort Rock Recreation area, the largest USFS developed riding area in the USA. with 110,000 acres and 318 miles of riding trails. I'll put a link in here so you can see how we have developed [the clubs play a big part] the Central/Eastern Oregon area.

WOW what a great way to relax!

Welcome to COHVOPS

you'll like this! it's how we have chosen to do it. some california transplants moving in trying to tell us mountain fools how to protect the land! what a joke! Here it is known as californication. They're not getting much to be sure hahaha:wink:

riding any ware ... is therapy for me ...hey BB.. i know all about the cancer crap ... i lost a son to cancer in early 2006 and a few friends invited me to go on a riding trip in the mountains of tenn. and it was the best medicine i have ever had ... great trails and wonderful views ... :-)

I actually have alot of fun riding at RAC with Markdb. He has the video and gps so i just follow and try to keep up. I like to just ride for the day at our own pace. We never have to show off and no egos mean a safe and pleasurable ride.

Second best is riding on the streets. Yeah its not legal but still its a real thrill in suburbia

Third best would be at the mx track. Its just a place to get out my stress quickly. All three mx tracks are less than 30min from my house. But its expensive, tiring and gets boring fast.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

I don't get to go far due to family health problems so for now it's my little patch of woods across the street from my house. But it brings a smile to my face and helps with the everyday stress. Reminds me of when I was young and spending the day riding dirt bikes. It's something I missed for many years.

I don't get to go far due to family health problems so for now it's my little patch of woods across the street from my house. But it brings a smile to my face and helps with the everyday stress. Reminds me of when I was young and spending the day riding dirt bikes. It's something I missed for many years.

<thumbs up>

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

There are 3 types of riding I like to do and its biased because of where I live and the fact that I've never ridden on the sand or in the mountains.

1. Wooded trails in the spring - nice because the weather is breaking and winter is over.
  2. Wooded trails in the fall - leaves all changing pretty cool.
  3. Wooded trails in the winter - no leaves and all snow.

Summer is nice too, but most of the free time are taken up by BBQs, beach, and other outdoor activities...LOL. 

Now, my list would more than likely change if I did some riding in other areas of the country like some of the videos Gunny and other post. :D

• Like 1

20161009_160226.jpgDSC_0101.JPG20160812_114655.jpg20150726_161421.jpg

Definitely the mountains for me, getting to the top of a ridge or coming over a rise and seeing a huge open expanse of valleys, nothing better.

20161009_161328.jpg

• Like 4

Forgot to add what riding does for me.  It let's me have the opportunity to share the extra machine with friends, hence the ones in the photo, and to just escape the daily grind of life and take advantage of the area I live.

I like to ride anywhere I can cut loose and blow shit up.. because I need to relax every now and then.

10440814_663961277013376_1399277621696192628_n[1].jpg

Edited by wylde1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, wylde1 said:

I like to ride anywhere I can cut loose and blow shit up.. because I need to relax every now and then.

That's crazy! Good shot!

4 hours ago, freedomflyer63 said:

Definitely the mountains for me, getting to the top of a ridge or coming over a rise and seeing a huge open expanse of valleys, nothing better.

20161009_161328.jpg

Looks beautiful out there!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wylde1 said:

wylde1, hope it was at least 4th of July!

2 hours ago, quadmaniac said:

wylde1, hope it was at least 4th of July!

Yes that was for a 4th of July video.  I do use firework props throughout the year though.  I have plans for a fire and ice video, but have not been able to pull it off yet. Fireworks and snow..

I ride on paved roads, up and down hills, anywhere my wheels FORCE me to go:D What it does for me pisses off my neighbor's and police and FORCES me to buy more gas. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2017 at 0:57 AM, 01 RAPPY 660 said:

I ride on paved roads, up and down hills, anywhere my wheels FORCE me to go:D What it does for me pisses off my neighbor's and police and FORCES me to buy more gas. 

LOL...that's funny. 

11 hours ago, BuckBilly said:

I like to ride with the tires down and the handle bars up.

Lol, you do get around a lot better that way.  I might have to try that once..

• Like 1

On 22/01/2017 at 7:27 PM, freedomflyer63 said:

20161009_161328.jpg

I can't get over that scenery 

That's insane 

I know right?  We have just scratched the surface of what is available to us having only been riding for a couple of years.   And these views are the ones available from trails we can access with our machines.  My brother in law and I hiked to a peak that I had never been to and have lived here my entire life.  9839ft to the top was an awesome day, wind was blowing about 50mph(80kph).  We had a great ride to a small mountain lake, (Fairy Lake) then hiked from there to Sacajawea peak. The picture with the peak circled is the peak we hiked to.  Makes me wonder why I've waited all these years to take advantage of where I live. Oh I know........Because I'm an IDIOT!!!!!!

20160918_090521.jpg

20160918_091216.jpg

20160918_091258.jpg

20160918_102409.jpg

20160918_115436.jpg

20160918_120609.jpg

20160918_130302.jpg

20160918_130730.jpg

20160918_131756.jpg

DSC_0945.JPG

DSC_0951.JPG

DSC_0952.JPG

DSC_0982.JPG

• Like 1