JustinCobb09

Which is a better four-wheeler for trail riding and drag racing 350 raptor or 400ex?

16 posts in this topic

Im trying to decide on which four-wheeler would be better for me and was wanting some of yalls opinions.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

They are both excellent quads but if comparing both of them, I would go with the 400ex for the 50 more CC. :biggrin:

I would also go with the 400ex.

Go with the 400 EX!

I also agree, 400 EX!

The honda 400EX is geard more for top end not so u will out run the scrapter 350.As far as trail riding goes the scrapter is less heavy front end wise so this will make hill climbing more of a challange . Also the HONDA will have more ponies so stick with it. If u want a pure drag atv get a banshee trust me, i smoke moifided 400 and 450's all day! with no problem. so have fun shopping.

go for the 400ex,

the craptor is sort of slow i heard.

A little FYI, the 400 will get left behind BIG time if you are dragging against anything over a 400.

plus, the 400ex is nearly bulletproof

Thought this was a utility discussion...anyways, you ask which is better for trails and drag...dude...you need two different machines. For the machines you listed, I'd put money that a good yfz will smokem both and you won't be wore out when your done.

The honda 400EX is geard more for top end not so u will out run the scrapter 350.As far as trail riding goes the scrapter is less heavy front end wise so this will make hill climbing more of a challange . Also the HONDA will have more ponies so stick with it. If u want a pure drag atv get a banshee trust me, i smoke moifided 400 and 450's all day! with no problem. so have fun shopping.

warrior/raptors hav very heavy front ends, thats y they suck for wheelies, 400ex has a very light front end

Both are decent trail machines, but I would favor the Honda of those two. Neither of those would be much of a drag racer. If you want to drag race, and don't have alot of money to spend, buy a two stroke. They are easier and cheaper to modify. An '87 or newer 250 Quadracer would be a good, inexpensive option, and they are good trail riders and would smoke either of the EX or the Raptor in a drag.

man i went to haspin acres today, smoked a 660 on my 460 stroker 400ex.

This is a very old post but I HAD to comment on this statement. This guys is so wrong on his info. The 400EX is not geared for top end. That is why it is the slowest 400. The acceleration on them is great. And the whole front end thing has already been mentioned.

Any mod that has power in here, please put it in the correct spot!

you asked 2 questions there:

Trails: Warrior/Raptor350

why: 6 speeds forward plus reverse. valuable where I live.

Drags: the 400ex is a little lighter than the warrior/rap350, but who drags a stock 400ex?

think about this before you sign anything.

:skeptic: