Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

2020 Presidential Election Discussion Thread

2020 Presidential Election Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your choice for the next President of the United States

• Donald Trump (For Re-Election)
    • Joe Biden

This poll is closed to new votes

@quadmaniac  I remember car batteries were $70 and one day I walked into an autozone and saw batteries were $300 and said "OMG what happened to the price of batteries?"  Everyone in the store said in unison "Obama!"

$300 batteries, $4 gas, obamacare... why would anyone want to go back to that?

And don't forget Biden is doing everything but banning guns.  His gun page is a mile long.  https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

• Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I were the crackhead son of a VP, yeah maybe.  Is he in jail?  Nope.  So what's dumb about it?  Hunter can get away with anything so why does he need to live in reality?  Laws only apply to regular

The DNC went to all the trouble of rigging the primary to get Biden in there to stop Bernie and Medicare For All in order to protect the rich.  They admitted in court that they rigged it in 2016 for H

I have no idea, I definitely want no part of that. Obama has been on the campaign trail this week saying Trump inherited the economy, what a joke. Obama was the most non-business friendly President in

Posted Images

8 hours ago, davefrombc said:

I definitely don't share your view of Biden or what you think his agenda is.

They rigged the primary to undermine Bernie and get Biden in there.  What do you not understand about that?  Biden exists specifically to stop Canada-style healthcare.  Period.

Trump is just bumbling around and isn't setting up stumbling blocks to socialized medicine.  On the contrary, Trump is trying to get the stumbling block ruled unconstitutional so there is no choice but medicare for all.

8 hours ago, davefrombc said:

For example Obama care would have been far different than what you got if there had not been so  many concessions and changes made to  the right

Obamacare = Romenycare = A RIGHT WING PLAN.  What do you not understand about that?

Everything Biden will do is designed to stop everything you think should be done.  That's why wallstreet and billionaires support him.

No wonder Canada is heading to the right because you people are totally blind.

And it's really funny that Trump now has Bernie campaigning for him:

4 hours ago, davefrombc said:

I doubt Hunter Biden would have been stupid enough to drop a laptop off for repair if it contained evidence of wrongdoing on his part. Would you?

If I were the crackhead son of a VP, yeah maybe.  Is he in jail?  Nope.  So what's dumb about it?  Hunter can get away with anything so why does he need to live in reality?  Laws only apply to regular people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, JustRandy said:

$300 batteries, $4 gas, obamacare... why would anyone want to go back to that?

I have no idea, I definitely want no part of that. Obama has been on the campaign trail this week saying Trump inherited the economy, what a joke. Obama was the most non-business friendly President in decades. Good rid-ends! I cringe hearing him, speak. I used to have company sponsored healthcare with with no deductibles and a $25 copay. After Obamacare, it went to 30% coinsurance after the $3000 or so deductible is met for the same price. So now a few visits to the doctor costs $100-$125 per visit. Oh and BTW in 2020..no more "out of network". Company sponsored insurances went down after obamacare because rates went up to these companies. Did Obama think companies would just pay more? They need to remain profitable to stay in business and offer jobs, its a basic principle...lower corp tax, the more they can do. 

I get it, some were uninsured because they don't work for a company or business to get healthcare, but taking care of them really hurt the middle class that DOESN'T work for what I like to call a "tax-based" job, where tax revenue pays for their fed, state, or local gov job in a municipality, school district or other type of agency that still has good healthcare and pensions in most cases. All obamacare did is hurt the private sector. There are not enough "tax-based" jobs for all Americans, so you need big and small business, otherwise everyone is working for or relying on government in some shape or form, at which point you might as well say good buy to America as we know it. Obamacare essentially caused rates to go up on the middle class to take care of the lower class with medical...yeah that was just great. I'm for the harder and more you work, the more you get and not get punished. What's the pointy really, might as well find some government program and assistance to sit on and just coast through life with my hand out.

The only thing I'm not happy about with Trump is that he has not been able to do anything around healthcare that is felt by people like me. We are stuck with this obamacare crap.

Edited by quadmaniac
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, quadmaniac said:

I have no idea, I definitely want no part of that. Obama has been on the campaign trail this week saying Trump inherited the economy, what a joke. Obama was the most non-business friendly President in decades. Good rid-ends! I cringe hearing him, speak. I used to have company sponsored healthcare with with no deductibles and a $25 copay. After Obamacare, it went to 30% coinsurance after the $3000 or so deductible is met for the same price. So now a few visits to the doctor costs $100-$125 per visit. Oh and BTW in 2020..no more "out of network". Company sponsored insurances went down after obamacare because rates went up to these companies. Did Obama think companies would just pay more? They need to remain profitable to stay in business and offer jobs, its a basic principle...lower corp tax, the more they can do. 

I get it, some were uninsured because they don't work for a company or business to get healthcare, but taking care of them really hurt the middle class that DOESN'T work for what I like to call a "tax-based" job, where tax revenue pays for their fed, state, or local gov job in a municipality, school district or other type of agency that still has good healthcare and pensions in most cases. All obamacare did is hurt the private sector. There are not enough "tax-based" jobs for all Americans, so you need big and small business, otherwise everyone is working for or relying on government in some shape or form, at which point you might as well say good buy to America as we know it. Obamacare essentially caused rates to go up on the middle class to take care of the lower class with medical...yeah that was just great. I'm for the harder and more you work, the more you get and not get punished. What's the pointy really, might as well find some government program and assistance to sit on and just coast through life with my hand out.

The only thing I'm not happy about with Trump is that he has not been able to do anything around healthcare that is felt by people like me. We are stuck with this obamacare crap.

spacer.png

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, quadmaniac said:

Obamacare essentially caused rates to go up on the middle class to take care of the lower class

Bingo!

If you want to take care of the poor, the rich ain't gonna pay for it and it will be on the backs of the middle class.  It's that way all across Europe and it's what the Yellow Vests were protesting.

Bloomberg is spending billions trying to get Biden elected to get Obamacare back because the people are demanding some solution to healthcare and he doesn't want to pay for it with Medicare For All.

Business taxes pay a big part of our universal health care but so do income taxes. It is not all on businesses.

It's useless trying to explain the  fact that health care expenses for both business and individuals is actually cheaper in our universal systems than it is under your for profit system,  The brainwashing the military/ industrial complex and the ERW have been  giving Americans for the last century has  been far too effective.  Too bad there are too few  who remember the tax system of the late '40's through to  the beginning of the '60's that actually encouraged businesses and the rich to  invest in the US and the boom  it created.  Those days are long gone. They started going away with  business's "tax reforms" and really accelerated with Reagan  and the decline continues with the rich getting richer and the erosion  of the middle class those "reforms"  have created.

But of course all that is fake news to the true believers.

I am only going to jump into this on the medical part because I too have company provided health insurance and agree with @quadmaniac. Just got a bill from the doctor for an outpatient visit in August for my daughter after we went to the beach and she got knocked over by a big wave. She was ok, but wanted to have her checked out. The pediatric office visit was $211 and after my insurance it came to out of pocket $141.  Used to be $25-30 copay before Obamacare. That's a real world example right now. I have to meet a $4000 deductible and then my insurance will cover everything. So what I do now is have my insurance and also an HSA for these medical bills like this. I know that a sneeze or cough to the doctor will be over $140 each time. My regular doctor costs me $110 out of pocket. Crazy, right?  Physicals and vaccines are free.

Flip side, my relative who works off the books part time and part time in a very low paying job, gets medical for almost nothing. I work hard and get nailed, how is that right?

• Like 1

How do you think that is better than our universal  system?  I suspect if you checked into what your company pays to provide less coverage to  you than the taxes they and you would pay under our system you would find your company would actually be paying less .

Cost to you for your daughter's  check up under our system on top of what was paid in taxes for the system?  $0.00

Just got back from voting for Trump and republicans.  Didn't have much choice in my area since they're almost all republicans running unopposed.

I was watching the 1980 election on youtube and couldn't believe Reagan won all but 6 states in landslide, but only 50.7% of the popular vote.  So maybe Trump can pull it off.

• Like 1

Well i am ready for this election season to be over, done gone .......i am so over it 

i Dont talk in depth politics or religion, lol.  But i have to say 2020 has been a shitty year IMO ......the country has become very angry , way to much doom and gloom.   

I will cast my vote next week and then embrace the “ suck “ i have a feeling things are going to be ugly for a few more months.   ........ meanwhile. Get out and ride , cut a trail, have fun ,have a cold beer .... lol be safe 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Airborne said:

Well i am ready for this election season to be over, done gone .......i am so over it 

i Dont talk in depth politics or religion, lol.  But i have to say 2020 has been a shitty year IMO ......the country has become very angry , way to much doom and gloom.   

I will cast my vote next week and then embrace the “ suck “ i have a feeling things are going to be ugly for a few more months.   ........ meanwhile. Get out and ride , cut a trail, have fun ,have a cold beer .... lol be safe 

My favorite form of "social distancing"!!!

😁

• Like 1

LOL You think Biden's gaffes make him unfit?. How about your own ?

Listen to what tRump says.  Gaffes and semi-literacy examples are well sprinkled among his lies and plenty of them. Remember his "Super duper  hydrosonic missile "? Just one of the latest in a long line of examples if you listen for them.

If you judge Biden  by slips of the tongue that we all commit sometimes too often  then  you must consider tRump to be unfit to be a latrine orderly ,let alone President.

47 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

Oh please, I'm typing and not talking....

Biden is a bit of a mess and everyone sees it. Its reality, some people show age more than others and he definitely shows it. Its undeniable and the videos are all over the web. If anyone had a relative who was speaking like Biden does, they would have them checked out. You can't close your eyes to it, he's got issues. Again, how can you not feel bad for this guy? See for yourself...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, davefrombc said:

Listen to what tRump says.  Gaffes and semi-literacy examples are well sprinkled among his lies and plenty of them. Remember his "Super duper  hydrosonic missile "? Just one of the latest in a long line of examples if you listen for them.

If you judge Biden  by slips of the tongue that we all commit sometimes too often  then  you must consider tRump to be unfit to be a latrine orderly ,let alone President.

Trump is just dumb and for some reason didn't know how to pronounce "Yo Semites", but Biden's brain is obviously falling apart.

No free Cunity College :(