Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mikey69

How did you get into Quads?

24 years ago there was a Suzuki Dealer in my home town. Bought an 185 QuadRunner with Plow for $1000 bucks new and sold it for $1300. Bought a 230 shaft. Been riding every since.

You kids really need to rid some of the old school quads. Then you would be happy with any quad and not have to cry about certain quads.

• Like 1

24 years ago there was a Suzuki Dealer in my home town. Bought an 185 QuadRunner with Plow for $1000 bucks new and sold it for $1300. Bought a 230 shaft. Been riding every since.

You kids really need to rid some of the old school quads. Then you would be happy with any quad and not have to cry about certain quads.

It's really hard to think of 1984 as "old school" :confused:

But, I hear ya.....

Tom D

Tom you should know by now not to trust anything that Madge says.....

Billy I was working at a Honda dealer when the atc90 arrived- in fact I went and got it. we all thot " what the heck? it's all swelled up!" hahaha but it was the grandaddy of atvs as we know them now....

Tom you should know by now not to trust anything that Madge says.....

Billy I was working at a Honda dealer when the atc90 arrived- in fact I went and got it. we all thot " what the heck? it's all swelled up!" hahaha but it was the grandaddy of atvs as we know them now....

Also a blast to ride.

When I was born, my dad had a 1989 Wrangler. Eventually he had it lifted and we used to go off-roading once or twice a month. Around 2000, it started to fall apart, and he sold it in 2003. We wanted to get back into wheeling but he was afraid of buying another Jeep because of the problems he had, so we decided to get quads instead. I still miss the Jeep, but quading is simply amazing.

When I was born...I think they just invented paper......

:leright:

Tom D

When I was born...I think they just invented paper......

:leright:

Tom D

Toliet paper that is.

Toliet paper that is.

Nope...we were still using palm fronds....

DOH!

-TD

Nope...we were still using palm fronds....

DOH!

-TD

Better than whole pineapples!:smilielol5c:

I probably have the shortest story but..my best friend got a yfz in 06..then recently (month or 2 ago) another best friend got a raptor 700..then another one got a ltr450..then another got a ltr450..but ive always been obsessed and addicted to atvs..thats why I know more about all of them than any of my friends (even tho they ride better ofc) ..so its finally time to get an atv now that financial matters have fallen into place..KFX450R FO LYFE!

I'm reviving and old thread :biggrin: and would like to hear from some of the newer folks who have joined the community in the past year..

So, how did you get into quads?

I owned a Toyota 4x4 since '87 and gave it to a friend a year ago.Too many gates closing,due to 1% of the idiots that ruin it for everyone.Friends have quads so I switched and enjoy it a ton!!! Takes up less room in the garage too!!

My Dad bought quads for him and me when I was 10, he bought an '86 Suzuki LT 230 Quadsport, I got an '86 LT 125 Quadrunner. I hated that thing, so I spent more time on the 230 once I learned how to use the clutch. I had alot of fun on the Quadsport, so my dad traded the 125 in and got an '89 LT 250R Quadracer, and an LT 80 Quadsport for my little bro since he was getting interested by that time. Later, we traded my 230 on for a '92 Yamaha Blaster. A few years later, my Dad sold off all the quads so he could by a freakin Camaro. I was pissed. I always wanted to get another one, but it just never happened. Then a friend of mine bought a shiny new '05 Raptor 660,and that inspired me to find something. I didn't have much money, so I bought someone elses abandoned project. It was a Honda TRX 250R with a CR 500 motor. He had started building a homemade frame with some square tubing, he built a jig using an '86 TRX frame as a template. He had aquired all the parts, but never finnished building the frame. So I picked it up on the cheap and finnished the project. It has been a work in progress for the last 4 years and has gone through many changes and upgrades. I got tired of working on that thing all the time and never riding it so I bought a brand new '07 LTR 450 about 2 years ago, I love that thing, it still does not have the same break neck power that the CR 500 quad has, but it is reliable, easy to start and the handling is amazing. A little while ago, I got an '04 TRX 450R for an unbeleavable price, it had some problems, but they were minor, and I got that thing running like a champ for less than $100.

well I found this 3 wheeler online last yr didnt run but I was tired of no having anything to do out here in the country so I bought it fixed it fell in love then my brother buys a quad and when we got it running I jumped on it to test ride and yea I had to have one of those Im a late starter on the atv's but hey im do it now lmao

I have had dirt bikes since Chrstmas of 1977. Last Thanksgiving I crashed going from Barstow to Vegas and now have bad vision and balance so I figured a quad would do me better, at least for a while. Did a little research and since really nothing on the Blaster had changed in the 18 year run, I found a fresh Blaster that wasnt the prettist but still looking good for $350. It had both sand and dirt tires too. The doc still hasnt released me to ride anything yet, but am looking forward to ripping up the desert with my new toy!

John in Vegas.

my uncle gets and sells bikes. i went over there the first time i was 8 he had an 125 act he wanted me to run then i got hooked. ive been working on and riding the bike he wants me to. i just now got my first atv from him lt250r. ive only had crappy dt125e it blew up and got a 87 yz125. now i got that beast i got the dt in 6th grade. but riding his bikes way before. lets just say hes the reason i want to go to wyo tech.

all started when i was going into the third grade in 2000, dad traded his 89 chevy 1/2 ton long bed for a 98 Kawasaki Lakota 300... i hated him for trading that truck, and said i would never ride that quad... well a week later i hopped on and went for a ride, then a month later i was learning how to ride it. 2 weeks later i got my first quad, a 2001 E-Ton Lightning 50 (biggest pieces of sh*t ever) had that for 3 weeks, til the restrictor plate got plugged up, then dad bought a 01 Raptor 660R and i got the Lakota 300. And damn near 10 years later i still love this sport, and now im starting to get into drag racing again, with my families 1969 Mustang Grande Coupe (best year of the Stangs)

Sweet691002.jpg

it was an accident my neighbor lets me get my firewood from his land i was using a craftsman garden tractor and he said you need a utility his buddy had a 86 honda 200 that he put rings in but never could get it running right i thought i could get it for 150 bucks i ask how much he would take and he said 50 bucks sold I said took it home put the carb and tank back on had it runnin in a couple days i was hooked needed front plastics so i cut a 55 gallon plastic drum for the fenders after a while I needed 4x4 so i traded my boat for a 250 quadrunner then i saw an eiger 400 for sale for 600 bucks everthing was there but no compression and his kid fell off it and it hit a tree so i put a new piston and rings battery and fabricated a new bumper and thats what i ride wife got the 250 and son got the 200 here is a pic of the honda

82 chevy pickup.jpg

57d773324ede5_82chevypickup.jpg.904c262653cbaabe9f1db471ecf727b7.jpg

Started riding about 1989 with friends, then bought an 1981 KX80 motorcycle for myself from a family friend for 40 bucks and been upgrading every since now on my 6th Kawi. In the mid 90s I started going to Glamis a lot so I switched to quads, but now thinking about going back to motorcycles.