Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

How did you get into Quads?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, new to this forum, first post! Wooooo!

Anyways, we were a dirt bike family, so while I really liked the Honda 3 wheelers and whatnot back in the 80's, we never had any. I had a Fat Cat, and then a beat down old Suzuki Savage for my off road rides, while my folks had a newer Honda and a Yamaha bike (I can't recall the models) until they got into horses and I got into cars and while I wasn't looking they sold all the dirt bikes and got a horse trailer. Well fast forward a few years and the old man is remarried, has a couple new kids (my kid sister is 24 years younger than me!) and they're back into dirt bikes, except this time he has a quad! Well I had to try that bad boy out and it was FUN! He lives out in the country and I spent my whole visit riding his Yamaha 250 4x4 around, and decided I gotta have one, but a bigger one, so here I am, joining the quad forum and learning more about quads, hoping to get one soon and start having some fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently 18 years old. I started at 6 months old. My dad always had a passion for 4 wheelers and it slowly started there. I was 3 years old when I went to my first dune ride. I don't remember much but I have pictures from back when I did go. I really did not get into the scene hardcore untill was about 12 years old. I bought my first 4 wheeler. It was a 1997 Yamaha Warrior. A coupele years after that, I bought a 2001 Yamaha Blaster. I started to pick up a dirt wheeles every chance I got to kee[p myself up to date on all the new models and new shoot outs. After i turned 18 I went out and for christmas I bought my parents a 4 wheeler and bought 3 Honda 400ex's. For my senior trip I took my best friends to the local dunes (Little Sahara) in Oklahoma and had the greatest times. 2 weeks after graduation me and my best friend had some girls over and were showing the girls around the land around where we have rode the previous months. He went around a corner to quick and hit a tree dead on. I watched my best friend die in fromt on me. :'( It was so hard to watch my best friend passs away doing a sport that I introduced him into. It's been really hard to ride like I use to before this summer but I am trying to slowly get myself back together. It's truly a great sport and great community to get into but it is also dangrous as well. I live my life now one lap at a time. It's hard to get back on a 4 wheeler knowing it killed my best friend, but he was just as involved as I was. In his honnor we rebuilt the 4 wheeler in his honor. Just graduating high school and already loosing my best friend was hard enough, but I know he would be pissed off if I stopped. 4 wheelers are my life and I am still trying to recover from that horrific night. I just wanted to let you know where I started and everything that I have personaly been through. That's where I got started and i am not going to stop. keep it real, always wear a helmet and always love your friends and family. Life's short so enjoy it while it lasts.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

It started for me on Christmas of 1986 when me and my twin brother each got brand new Honda TRX70's. I've always loved ATV's and have had many since then. This year I joined a couple local atv clubs and it's been great. I still have my original Honda TRX 70 and someday my son will ride it ounce he's old enough!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I remember when I was little my dad had a Big Red three wheeler and I rode that everywhere around the farm. He could never get me off it. lol I am in the military and seemed like every post I got stationed to, had a atv park or trails of some sort. So next thing I know, I bought a 04 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4. It was a good wheeler for the time I had it, but wanted to move into something bigger, so I went with a 07 polaris 800 4x4.

I started modifying the crap out of the popo and starting race circle comp pit. Just love being on my wheeler, either it be going thorugh 4 foot of water/mud or driving my polaris 500 through the trails. This is a great site and looking forward to posting and hopefully meeting some local riders with the same interest.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Before my family got into it my dad and I were looking for utilities for him and I to use while hunting. In 06 my dad got a brand new Honda rancher es full time 4x4 which the entire family learned to ride on. While at the track I saw some guys racing some 450s and I was hooked on the sport quads. I bought my 08 kawie april of 2007 one of the first 200 to hit the U.S market and its boomed from there.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had motorcycles growing up it started with a sears mini bike to a Honda mini trail 50, 1973 honda sl70, cr125, then in 1979 I got an XL175 to ride to school & play in the dirt. In 84 a Yamaha street bike. Then I went from about 86 till now without anything. I as well went and looked at a built Mustang & walked away knowing I would just get in trouble with it. So first I got my wife to agree to get my daughter a quad so she has an eton 90 2 stroke. Then I talked my wife into us going to look at one for me to be able to ride with my daughter. I seen a quad I wanted but she didn't want to spend the money on it so I started lookig at bikes while I was checking out the bikes she was talking to the guy who had them for sale she turned to me and said your not getting a bike. Next thing I knew the seller was getting the key for her to the quad I wanted(she loves me so much). So my first quad came home with us that day. So I'm back in the game of having a big boy toy. 02 prairie 650. Why start small and in a few months wish u had gotten a bigger quad. Start big and grow into it.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got my first bike at 9.....it was a honda 90. dirt bike.....at 13 i gat a yamaha 250 dirt bike......14 i got a 175 yamaha trimoto 3 wheeler then i was hooked......i've had several makes and models over the years......the two i have now are a 1991 honda trx300fw 4x4, its the one in my sig covered in mud....i also own a 1985 Suzuki 230 shaft Quad runner........i ride atleast 1 to 3 times a week on average......i just love the mud :)

• 4 weeks later...

I first stared out on a 1986 Polaris 250 trailboss i got for christmas when i was 14. It was a piece of sh** , i pushed it home more than than i rode it. but it was something to ride. Then my dad found a good deal on a 1999 Suzuki Quadrunner 500 for a $1000. I think it was only 3 years old when we bought it. I could take that thing up any hill i wanted too. Then in 2005 i bought a 2001 Warrior with my own money. Rode it everywhere but then learned the hard way to always check the oil. I was riding down the rode and the engine seized up totally . Had it rebuilt twice never ran good since. Then in 2007 i bought my Raptor 700 and things have never been the same since. Its the best quad money can buy.

• 4 months later...

My husband and I went to his niece's farm for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. She had a bunch so we went out riding before dinner. We stayed all weekend and rode every day and night. At the end of the weekend, I rolled her friend's Can Am 500, wound up lying in a huge stinky mulch pile with the damn thing on top of me. My leg was pretty messed up, but we went home and bought a couple of Polaris Sportsman the next day. We've ridden almost every weekend since.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Around 1979-82 I started riding a honda 110 3 wheeler. 1985 then a yamaha tri-z 3-wheeler. then 1986 250r 3-wheeler and a 1985 250sx until 1990. Then got a career going set it down for 14 years Bought a 2004 TRX400Ex for me and a YSR200 blaster for my son. We have been hitting the dunes whenever we can. We love it to bad we have to goto work or it would be alot more often. -Jason

1994 I met my husband and he asked me out for a first date. I only agreed to go out with him because I knew he had a 1992 Honda 250 fourtrax racing ATV. My parents never let me ride a motorcycle or ATV ever so this was my chance. I was 18 years old at the time & figured they wouldn't say too much about it. I got to ride it on our first date & I immediately fell in love with the sport. Now as for my husband it took a few dates to realize he was worth hanging onto! :biggrin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I like your story! kind of funny story...not many girls are like this. right on glad to hear you are a happy atv family =)

We are a very happy ATV family! I thank God for that everyday. But if God is taking some extra requests...Lord, can I get another sport quad so the whole family can ride together? We have a 400EX we share but it currently has a hole in the case (my winter project...yes mine), & 2 youth quads. We put pretty much all our extra money into the kido for racing. THANKS @THECLAW :wink: